Problem using WA860RE range with Amazon Fire TV Stick.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-15 18:22:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
We have just bought a fire tv stick and we can connect to our TP-LINK TLWA860RE range extender, but after a minute or so the Fire Stick reports there's is a problem, saying it can connect to the extender but not to the internet. I have tested the fire tv stick on our normal BT hub and it works but I don't understand why we're getting this problem with the extender.
Can anybody help?
Many Thanks,
Nictu.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem using WA860RE range with Amazon Fire TV Stick.
2017-11-21 10:04:27
Hi,
Do you mean the Fire Stick works for a while then shows no internet? Do you have internet access on other devices with the extender?
Is your TV connected to the extender by cable or wifi? What's the IP address of the TV when there is no internet?
Options
2017-11-22 02:23:43
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
With the Fire Stick, I can connect to the extender and reach the Amazon TV Home Page, soon after doing that, say 2 or 3 minutes, the fire TV Stick loses it's connection and we get the error message "Internet Connection Lost" or "Cannot Reach the Home Page Please Check Your Internet Settings".
Yes I can connect reliably to the internet with my Kindle Fire tablet via the extender.
The TV is not connect to the internet, do you mean the IP address of the Fire Stick when the connection is lost?

Many Thanks,
Nick.
Options
2017-11-22 18:59:49
Hi, I think it's better to email the issue to tp-link support at support.uk@tp-link.com.
Options