How do I tell what region this router is?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-16 05:51:23
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.3

ISP :

I have a TP-LINK AC1750 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router and I want to update the firmware but I'm unclear on the model number and region.
On the bottom of the router it lists the model number as " Model/Modèle: C7"
If I plug the PC into the router and go to tplinkwifi.net, log in and then go to System Tools/Firmware Update it lists the Hardware Version as "Archer C7 v2 00000000"
None of this tells me what region this router is. When I go look at the firmware download pages they all talk about "US" "CA "EU" etc.

How the heck am I supposed to know what "region" this thing is?
Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I tell what region this router is?
2017-11-18 18:58:45
On the bottom of the router, do you see the C7 (CA) or C7 (US), something like that? Basically, if you purchased the router in Canada, the firmware on the CA website should be fine.
Options
Re:How do I tell what region this router is?
2017-11-19 07:19:42

Kevin SG wrote

On the bottom of the router, do you see the C7 (CA) or C7 (US), something like that? Basically, if you purchased the router in Canada, the firmware on the CA website should be fine.

Ok, I took another look and the "CA" part is under the serial number. Doh. Why did they do it like that?!
Anyways, thanks for your help.
Options
No region whatsoever...
2018-01-21 21:09:16
I'm replying to this thread so that I don't create an identical one. Same doubt, but in my case there is no region marking whatsoever on the bottom of the router. Only Model: Archer C7 v2.0

It was purchased in Brazil, but as an import, so I'm not sure if the firmware in the brazilian website is the correct one. BTW, the brazilian website links to the US version of the firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5947

Replies: 3

Related Articles