What I expect to see on further Deco's firmware updates:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-18 04:33:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Some ideas to consider, TP-LINK:

- A way to turn on/off ethernet backhaul using mobile app

- A way to check if a node is really working or not by ethernet backhaul

- A monitor to measure signal strength between Deco main router and each one nodes

- An improved monitor not only to inform how many devices are connected at my network, their IPs an MAC addresses, but in which WiFi standard their are connected (ac/n/g) and what frequency their are using (2,4/5Ghz or both).

- Spelling mistakes corrected on Portuguese app version (there so many!!!)

My suggestions are easy to implement. Hope engineer team read this.

I will write more ideas latter.
Options
23 Reply
Re:What I expect to see on further Deco's firmware updates:
2017-11-20 15:31:33
Hi DoctorTaliesin,

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. We already have a plan to implement the three suggestions below. And we will consider your first suggestion. For the last one, we are so sorry about that, we'll ask the related department to check that. Thanks again for your support on TP-LINK. Hope you can enjoy internet with our products.

DoctorTaliesin wrote

- A way to check if a node is really working or not by ethernet backhaul

- A monitor to measure signal strength between Deco main router and each one nodes

- An improved monitor not only to inform how many devices are connected at my network, their IPs an MAC addresses, but in which WiFi standard their are connected (ac/n/g) and what frequency their are using (2,4/5Ghz or both).

Options
2017-11-22 14:31:14
Can you provide an ETA on these improvements? Later firmware upgrade did not include them.
Options
2017-11-25 03:54:13
- A possibility to turn off/on 2.4GHz or 5GHz (only for clients. Connection between decos should always communicate with both)
- A possibility name 2.4GHz and 5GHz with different SSID
Options
2017-11-25 15:15:22
- Get the guest network to function during Ethernet backhaul.
Options
2017-11-25 21:40:39

DoctorTaliesin wrote

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : Some ideas to consider, TP-LINK:- A way to turn on/off ethernet backhaul using mobile app- A way to check if a node is really working or not by ethernet backhaul- A monitor to measure signal strength between Deco main router and each one nodes[/FONT][FONT=arial]- An improved monitor not only to inform how many devices are connected at my network, their IPs an MAC addresses, but in which WiFi standard their are connected (ac/n/g) and what frequency their are using (2,4/5Ghz or both). - Spelling mistakes corrected on Portuguese app version (there so many!!!)My suggestions are easy to implement. Hope engineer team read this. I will write more ideas latter.
As well as a way to change the LAN range. Some of us would like to run /23 networks. VLAN support would be super as well. I know it can be done as these are running almost the same chipset as Orbi and they now support VLAN's
Options
2017-11-27 15:42:49
I hear that they've decided to make a web-interface to the Deco with all these feature on board, I would like to see what exactly this web-interface look like, should be very interesting.
Options
2017-11-28 01:48:43

DoctorTaliesin wrote

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : Some ideas to consider, TP-LINK:- A way to turn on/off ethernet backhaul using mobile app- A way to check if a node is really working or not by ethernet backhaul- A monitor to measure signal strength between Deco main router and each one nodes[/FONT][FONT=arial]- An improved monitor not only to inform how many devices are connected at my network, their IPs an MAC addresses, but in which WiFi standard their are connected (ac/n/g) and what frequency their are using (2,4/5Ghz or both). - Spelling mistakes corrected on Portuguese app version (there so many!!!)My suggestions are easy to implement. Hope engineer team read this. I will write more ideas latter.
The way to turn off ethernet backhaul is simple. Unplug the ethernet cable.
Options
2017-11-29 03:45:17
All of the above ANDOption to AUTOMATICALLY apply parental controls to all devices connecting to the (guest) network.
Options
2017-11-29 19:24:53
Ability to use Wireless Backhaul for mesh in Access Point mode with multiple Deco M5 devices?

Competing devices can still have a Wireless Backhaul even when in Access Point mode (also called Bridge mode) with third-party router.

That is, not have to use Ethernet Backhaul when in Access Point mode with multiple Deco M5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_topology

All Deco nodes should act in a fully connected Mesh even when all Deco (including the first) is in Access Point mode. Not as a liniar bus network or star network which the FAQ pictures shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/NetworkTopologies.svg
Options
2017-11-30 15:34:03
wireless backhaul under AP mode is already possible, read this FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1842.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3166

Replies: 23

Related Articles