What I expect to see on further Deco's firmware updates:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What I expect to see on further Deco's firmware updates:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:What I expect to see on further Deco's firmware updates:
2017-11-30 20:56:37

matt wrote

wireless backhaul under AP mode is already possible, read this FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1842.html
But you loose the Mesh functionallity when no Deco is acting as a router and instead use a third-party router.
Options
2017-12-01 17:22:56
With Deco under AP mode, there's no double NAT, dont worry about it, it works with your third-party router
Options
2017-12-05 18:56:28

matt wrote

With Deco under AP mode, there's no double NAT, dont worry about it, it works with your third-party router
It works but only as a Star-network and not a a Mesh-network, see dicussion here => http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?102226-FEATURE-REQUEST-Ability-to-use-Wireless-Backhaul-in-Access-Point-mode-with-Deco-M5

When no Doco is acting as a router you loose the Mesh-functionality. Instead they then only form a Star-network which is not the same.

Please see wikipedia to understand the differnce between a Mesh and a Star-network => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_topology
Options
2017-12-11 17:45:54
@Gamester 17, as far as I am concerned, have been using the AP mode for a while now, there's no difference in performance, the Deco works just like when they are under "Router" mode.
Options
2017-12-14 15:30:50
A lot of protein from eggs, meat, poultry, ocean bottom and dairy Essay Writing Service UK items helps and also calcium from drain, cheddar and other dairy items. You likewise require a lot of zinc from red meat, shellfish, mussels, nuts and seeds and zinc braced oats, for example, Sweetbrier. Vitamin D3 through the Sun additionally makes a difference.
Options
2017-12-15 00:13:54
- possibility to set the DHCP range so it does not flip all the time from 192.168.0.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 and visa versa, this really bothers me (and others as seen in another thread).
- see which device is using which bandwidth and possibility for band steering (the priority switch does not seem to do a lot at my devices)
- the antivirus update date always stays on the last reboot/restart date of the Deco M5 devices, this seems to indicate that the devices only get updates from Trend Micro during boot? fix or do a daily update of the signatures.
Options
2017-12-19 04:07:49
Please add function for webinterface so we can also configuer network from pc.Or if that is not possible please provide windows 10 app...
Options
2017-12-21 20:01:25

Mooseman wrote

Please add function for webinterface so we can also configuer network from pc.Or if that is not possible please provide windows 10 app...

What is the added value of a web interface? You will not get more option then you have in the current app.
So what makes it easier to use the web interface?

BTW, you still need the current app to do the initial setup of your network (via the bluetooth connection).
Options
2017-12-28 13:30:12
"Blue stacks" on pc, then download app. Same features.

Mooseman wrote

Options
2018-01-01 17:30:58
So it seems band steering is a problem for some devices, but there is no way to disble this in the deco. My phone (galaxy S6) disconnects frequently, this now seems to be relatetd to the CRACK fix on some devices. Please get us more setting options in the deco so we can eiter separate a 2.4 and 5 ghz band or disable band steering and select a band for each device manually. Also please add more log options per device withouth it beeing part of a parent control group. Please add DNS server manual input. Please add expert functions like preamble mode, fragmentation threshold, channel selection etc.
Options