Problems after updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-20 09:40:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So, I updated the firmware to the most recent build last night, and it seemed to stall halfway through. I eventually had to close out the app, but then the node Decos all went offline. The router came back online first, and after unplugging and rebooting the others, everything connected again, but both wired and wireless speeds were cut to half with virtually no upload speed.I eventually got it back up and running at normal speed by rebooting all Decos and switching between Dynamic IP and signing in PPPoE several times.Did anyone else have similar problems? Or perhaps can think of what went wonky in case it happens again?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Problems after updating firmware
2017-11-20 10:21:29
No, didn't have this problems when updating the firmware. It's better to update the Deco when you next to it.
Options
2017-11-21 15:42:29
Came home yesterday to ridiculous speeds again. Rebooted the router Deco, but one of the node Decos had trouble reconnecting. Ended up removing it from the network and adding it back on, which seems to have resolved the issue. I did have this connected via ethernet through a switch, but had to disconnect it as I thought the switch was causing a double NAT situation. Maybe it was that single node instead?
Options
2017-11-22 09:38:23
Still getting crap speeds on ethernet-connected Mac. 35 Mbps is the standard, but every now and then it will decide to give me the full 100 Mbps. Any idea what could be throttling the connection? No other devices running on the network.

Edit: The Deco app shows a network speed of 87/89, so I'm not even getting half that through the computer.
Options
2017-11-22 09:55:14
Hi,

What's your network map? What's the version of your Decos? Better to check every Deco unit to see if they are all updated successfully.
Options
2017-11-22 12:44:57

flying snow wrote

Hi,What's your network map? What's the version of your Decos? Better to check every Deco unit to see if they are all updated successfully.
My network is as follows:ADSL modem (default settings with IPv4/6 fleeting disabled) -> Deco (PPPoE, all showing 1.1.6)Two nodes are connected wirelessly, and the iMac is connected to the router node.My ISP recommends using their router for IPv6 connectivity. Not sure if that is relevant.
Options
2017-11-22 16:36:34
Not sure what's the problem, you can report the issue to the tp-link support. On the home page of your Deco APP, and click on the three lines Settings button on the top left, then go to Help and click on Email Us, feedback your issue there, then the engineer will reply you.

dtnewport wrote

My network is as follows:ADSL modem (default settings with IPv4/6 fleeting disabled) -> Deco (PPPoE, all showing 1.1.6)Two nodes are connected wirelessly, and the iMac is connected to the router node.My ISP recommends using their router for IPv6 connectivity. Not sure if that is relevant.
Options
2017-11-27 16:40:09
For those interested:

Apparently my ISP requires me to use their router (which includes IPoE settings specifically for my account) to operate, so connecting Deco to that as a router (not AP mode) solved the issue. Things are all running smoothly now.
Options