Guest network problem (still...)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Guest network problem (still...)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
No.
2018-08-29 07:37:36

Adriaan_ wrote

Does the New-firmware-1.2.3-20180819-Rel.-68100 fix this problem?

No, it doesn't.
I give up, I will contact TP-Link Italy for full refund.
Paolo
Options
Re:Guest network problem (still...)
2018-08-29 19:38:27
I will update now, if you are right that this problem isn’t fix, i will give up as well and contact TP-Link Netherlands for also a full refund.Please Paolo inform me about the respons of TPLink Italy.Adriaan
Options
2018-09-02 03:44:06
So, i did update and as Paolo noticed, still no fix for the guest-network by ethernet backhaul. Contacted the reseller where i did buy’d it, explane it all to them and they take the deco M5 in return (after 5 months of use) and give me a full refund.Now i have the asus lyra trio, works fine and yes, the so needed guest-network is working, also with ethernet backhaul.Kind regards,Adriaan
Options
2018-10-13 04:06:37
This is so disappointing. Taking advantage of Ethernet backhaul thanks to an Ethernet wired home, and now I can't have a guest network????!!!! This was one of the criteria of switching from my wired w/ WAP's network to the Deco M9! This is an idiotic situation! Please, TP-Link, you MUST find a fix for this!!!!
Options
Ashaming
2018-10-14 19:05:59
I solved this issue selling the Deco to one of my customers who wasn't interested in this function. I bought an Asus Lyra and it is perfectly working. I think this behaviour is ashaming for a major producer. I won't sell and buy anything from Tp-link in the future, if customers want to spend less then, well, there are a lot of resellers out there that are ready to sell unsopported hardware. Bye bye Tp-link
Options
2018-10-30 07:30:45
I tried twice to start a thread regarding this issue but it did not get past the mods, i wonder why.When will guest mode with full range get fixed in conjunction with wired backhaul
Options
2018-11-27 22:01:30

According to the release notes, guest network is now supported in AP mode or Ethernet backhaul in firmware version 1.2.4 Build 20181106 Rel. 48798, which was released just a week ago.

I can confirm that this is truly the case, at least for my setup (three Deco m5 units all connected to each other via a TL-SG3216 managed switch). I had a little trouble with the VLAN configuration of the switch, as I had assumed that the main network would also be tagged, which is not the case. Only the guest network is tagged. The VLAN-ID of which can be found on the WLAN settings page of the Deco app, when the units are connected via Ethernet. By default the ID is 591 but can be changed to a value of you own choice. 

The tp-link support team was really helpful in this matter and provided me with a FAQ document (see attached). Fact is that guest network is now fully working as expected throughout all units and not just the main Deco.

File:
How to extend guest network when there is a switch between Decos(managed switch).pdfDownload
Options
Related Articles