Issues since last firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-22 05:05:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought my Deco kit on November 4th and was up and running the next day. Simple to setup and really pleased with the performance and coverage. No problem with units spread all over the house and really good throughput even at the bottom of my garden.

Fast forward to yesterday and I had a power cut. No damage and power was restored after about 10mins. As the units powered up I was notified that there was a firmware update available. Waited just in case there was a further power outage but after about 30 mins ran the firmware update.

After they rebooted the primary unit can't talk to the other 2 units. Turns out they haven't updated their firmware properly. Only now they won't connect and the app say they are offline. relocate both units so they are right next to the primary. Still won't connect. Reset both units (one at a time), reconnect them to the network and firmware update completes after a couple of attempts. (I ended up resetting everything and starting from scratch.

Finally get all three units talking to each other and the internet so return them to their original locations. They now won't connect to primary unit. After a lot of testing various locations I've found that the units will now only connect to primary if they are within 2-3 meter and have line of sight to the primary. Anything more and they lose connection after about 15 seconds.

Gutted as they had worked really well before the firmware update and had solved a great many coverage issues.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Issues since last firmware update
2017-11-22 16:38:24
Hi,

It's suggested to report the issue to the tp-link support. On the home page of your Deco APP, and click on the three lines Settings button on the top left, then go to Help and click on Email Us, feedback your issue there, then the engineer will reply you.
Options
2017-11-22 19:34:12
Question: would it be possible to downgrade firmware on the deco m5?
Options
2017-11-22 20:55:14
I don't think so.

janoost wrote

Question: would it be possible to downgrade firmware on the deco m5?
Options
2017-11-23 00:42:26
I'm awaiting a response from Support regarding this. Tonight I'm going to reset all three units and build a new clean mesh and see what happens.
Options
2017-11-27 17:32:58
I too think a reset and reconfiguration would make things right, good luck.
If not, contact TP-Link, they are always responsive.
Options
2017-11-30 01:26:45
Also had the same issue. Two flashing red this am.. One had already been hard reset and reconfigured. Tech support's suggestion is hard reset and reconfigure all. If that doesn't work, place all 3 units within 3 or 4 feet of each other to see if it's a signal issue or a hardware issue.

Clearly, it worked in the current location with the August firmware, so I think if the hard resets don't work, it's a firmware issue, but I'll follow their instructions first.

Anyone else have this issue .. if so, is it resolved?
Options