Archer C7 LAN Configuration Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-23 18:21:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have a Archer C7 V2 provided by Dutch ISP Ziggo. I have flashed Firmware ziggoFW-to-tplink-150427.bin so that all features of the router are reachable. (Firmware of Ziggo only gives acces to AP setup, not USB and other features).
That seems to work because I can use the Web-interface of the C7, but I have a problem with setting up LAN configuration.

My WAN connection is trough an ISP-modem (Compal Broadband Modem/router) which gives my home-network an IP-range of 192.168.178.10 to 192.168.178.254 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0
I want to connect the C7 as an AccesPoint using the same IP-range of main router so I can Use the C7 as a WIFI extender with the same SSID but also network acces to my USB external drive.
I hope this is clear to you.
When I want to setup the C7 through the Web-interface of the C7 I cannot setup the LAN-ip address. The WAN-connection is detected as Dynamic and when I try to set op LAN-IP as 192.168.178.227 (the IP address which was used when I setup C7 as AP from the ISP) I get an errormessage that IP and subnet cannot be the same as those from WAN or an error like invalid IP.
I disabled DHCP on the C7, C7 connected to PC with LAN-port 1 (Yellow).
For Connection to the internet I Use the WAN-port (Blue).
Can anyone help me to setup the C7 as AccesPoint which uses the same network as my home-network?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 LAN Configuration Problem
2017-11-24 14:42:36
it sounds like wrong physical connection. The WAN port on the C7 should not be used any more if you want to use it as access point. No need to configure WAN IP address either. Connect the LAN port of C7 to your main router. You should be able to change the LAN IP then.
Options
Re:Archer C7 LAN Configuration Problem
2017-11-24 17:20:50
Thanks! Problem solved.
Strange thing is that with ISP firmware as accespoint the router should be connected to WAN.
But it works now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1497

Replies: 2

Related Articles