Archer C7 keeps dropping mediaserver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-24 18:07:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have upgraded to the latest firmware on my Archer C7 V2.
I enabled USB , folder sharing andere connected a 2Tb USB drive with lots of FLAC mediafiles and directories
The mediaserver sometimes shows up on the local network, but most of the time it is not visible.
When it shows up, it does not show all the directories and just a few files or no files at all.
if I make a networkdrive on my Windows PC it shows all files and directories.

Any suggestions?
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C7 keeps dropping mediaserver
2017-11-24 20:43:58
Options
2017-11-25 17:13:47

j.e.scherpbier wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have upgraded to the latest firmware on my Archer C7 V2.
I enabled USB , folder sharing andere connected a 2Tb USB drive with lots of FLAC mediafiles and directories
The mediaserver sometimes shows up on the local network, but most of the time it is not visible.
When it shows up, it does not show all the directories and just a few files or no files at all.
if I make a networkdrive on my Windows PC it shows all files and directories.

Any suggestions?

Well maybe there is a fix out now: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?102076-Archer-C7-NEW-FIRMWARE-VERSION-RELEASED
Options
2017-11-25 20:29:20
No, the new firmware does not solve this problem because I had already installed that firmware.
Anyone else a suggestion?
Options
2017-11-25 21:25:48

j.e.scherpbier wrote

No, the new firmware does not solve this problem because I had already installed that firmware.
Anyone else a suggestion?

Are you sure you installed that firmware? Because it was released yesterday.
I regret that i installed this new version because there is NO only n-mode but mixed bgn-mode and sometimes my devices connect to the b-mode and i only get max 20Mbit/s and not 100Mbit/s as i had with the Beta firmware.
What to do?
Options
2017-11-26 07:00:09
The firmware I have downloaded from tplink.com was published on aug 3 2017 for the C7 V2 router.
Maybe you have an other version available?
Options
2018-07-30 01:12:05
Same problem here. Archer C7, V2, won't update index past the first subfolder in the media folder.

Are there limitations on the file index, like maybe folders must have less than 100 files?
Options
2018-07-30 16:13:43
There is indeed upper limitation. but it should be more than 100 files.

How many files are there?
Options
2019-11-29 06:17:12

Today all of a sudden my internet connection keeps dropping. I have 2 routers at home. One downstairs and one upstairs.

The problem is with the router upstairs, an archer c7. It keeps getting intermittent internet connection from the downstairs router. As a result its wifi signal is intermittent too (the router shows up in my wifi list and disappears every 2-3 seconds). I plugged the cable from the downstairs router (which usually goes to the upstairs router) into my pc and it worked, so I'm sure the cable isn't faulty.

What can I do to fix this problem or did the upstairs router just die?

Best Regards,

Jack Nicholson  hotstar download for pc windows 10

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1317

Replies: 8

Related Articles