TL-WR902AC - network setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-27 22:15:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have a NAS at home connected by wire to my wireless router. I also have an Amazon fire TV stick that is also connected by wire to the network but is also able to connect wirelessly if need be. This set up allows me to use Plex or Kodi to access all the movies I have on my NAs. I'm trying to replicate this whilst on the go, by using a portable HDD connected by USB to the TL-WR902AC and then would like to use the fire TV stick. My question is can I connect the fire stick using a wired connection to the TL-WR902AC to then access the HDD and if so what configuration should I use. If this is not possible, can I use the fire TV stick in wireless mode to access the drive through the router and again what configuration/settings should I use?Lastly, in either of the above setups, do I need to connect to a wireless network? The reason I ask is that the AC speeds achievable by the 902 and the fire stick could be negated by the main router if not AC compatible. Any help is much appreciated. I tried over the weekend a number of times to get something operable even connecting to my home network but did not have any joy making the drive or folders on the drive visible to Kodi.Thanks,John
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR902AC - network setup question
2017-11-28 13:47:14
Do you mean you wanna replace the wireless router by TL-WR902AC? If that you can do the similar configuration at TL-WR902AC, but the fire stick need to connect to 902 via wireless, due to 902AC only have a Ethernet port.

And I think you would better contact TP-LINK technical support.
Options
Re:TL-WR902AC - network setup question
2017-11-28 18:18:51
Hi thanks for replying. I guess what I'm saying is I want to create an ad-hoc network if possible for the fire TV stick and other android tablets and iPad to access the media fikes on the usb attached drive. The fire stick can connect by wireless or by RJ45, the latter being quicker. Is this network configuration possible with this unit?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 2