Archer C1200 - Slow internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-29 03:07:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

I have been using TP-Link Archer C1200 for few months and it's been working just fine until I upgraded my internet speed. I've used 10 Mbps connection for years and last week I decided to upgrade my connection speed to 50 Mbps. My operator made the arrangements and enabled the faster internet access for my apartment. For some reason I still get 10 Mbps out from my router and I can't seem to find the reason why the speed didn't go up. The router is connected to wall ethernet socket and my desktop pc is wired to router. Both wired and wireless download speeds are around 10 Mbps and it should be 50. I have tried the following:

- Bypassing the router and connecting ethernet cable straight to my desktop pc. Download speeds were then what they should be, 47-54 Mbps.
- Turning the router off and back on, no change in speed
- Unplugging and plugging the router again, no change
- Resetting and reconfiguring the router, no change
- Turning both wifi broadbands off and measuring wired speed, no change

It seems that whenever the router is connected to the wall socket, speed is limited to 10 Mbps and I am paying for 50 Mbps. Is there anything I can do to get the speed up? I have not made any changes in router's configuration page, everything remains as they were in default.

Thanks in advance.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 - Slow internet connection
2017-11-29 11:30:34
Have you changed the ethernet cable? And check your connection speed between your PC and router.
Options
2017-11-29 23:34:26

Lurvelly wrote

Have you changed the ethernet cable? And check your connection speed between your PC and router.

I have tested both cables and they give normal speeds when bypassing the router, so that is not the issue. My PC is connected to the router with another cable and the speed is only 10 Mbps and it should be 50 Mbps. Problem lies in my router, it seems that it "eats" 40 Mbps out of my maximum dowload speed for no apparent reason.
Options
2017-12-29 20:25:11
I have the same problem. Just bought it several hours ago

Hardware Version : Archer C1200 v2.0

Firmware Version : 2.0.0 Build 20170307 rel.34514

It's cool that router knew about Ukrainian internet providers and give me a possibility of quick internet setup. But...
I have an 1 Gbit internet connection. My previous Asus router (that turns off constantly) can give me this 1Gbit speed. Just connected Archer router:

Wired speed: 200 Mbit (vs 800 on Asus router)
Wireless 5 GHz: 35 Mbit (vs 300 on Auss router)

I have no words. What's going on?
Options
2018-01-08 20:35:24
Any help on this? I still have no solution for this problem. 10 Mbps is still the maximum speed I can get from this device.
Options
2018-01-09 10:54:48
Please contact tplink support via support.forum@tp-link.com they may help you out.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3704

Replies: 5

Related Articles