Should this network layout work?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-02 21:44:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Right now I want to build the following network layout.

Deco 1 & 2 are in wireless reach of each other. Deco 3 is not in reach. I haven't found a way to get deco 3 working when only connected via the wired backbone, so I did the following.
Install deco 3 on the location of deco 2.
[*]unplug deco 3 and move it to a new location at which it can't connect to the others wirelessly.
[*]connect deco 3 to the network via ethernet.

Deco 3 will boot, but the wired connection to the pc is unstable. Windows constantly loses connection.

I have updated all the deco's firmware 1.1.6 build 20171103 rel 47257. App version is 1.2.17
File:
home setup.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Should this network layout work?
2017-12-03 20:03:01
Hi,

Interesting, I have exactly the same question, however with the three Deco, out of wireless reach from eachother. All three Deco are connected via Ethernet on a switch in my garage. On the same switch, I have the internet box. In addition, I want the three Deco to work as Access Point instead of router mode. What I did is first bring the three Deco close to eachother to peer them, and then placed them in their finmal location in the house, each with an Ethernet connection... It worked until I tried to reboot them to see what happens. They did not recognized them anymore and all Deco began to flash red...
As a network engineer, I thought the Deco can support this setup, as it is the case with Cisco access points for instance. Let see if someone has an explanation !
Options
Re:Should this network layout work?
2017-12-04 17:25:25
When the Deco is working under "Router" mode, it is required to have the main Deco in a leading position, and the other satellite Decos all behind it, like in the below diagram:
Internet---Front end modem--- main Deco--- Deco satellite(ethernet).
----------------------------------------------------------(()) Deco satellite(wireless)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 2

Related Articles