HowTo connect 2 TL-WA850REs to the same Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-03 22:37:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

i've tried to connect 2 TL-WA850REs to my FritzBox via WPS, but this doesn't work.
At the first TL-WA850RE i've connected an LAN-Printer, the second works only as repeater.
If both TL-WA850REs are online sometimes I have Internet connections, sometimes i've not, same with the printer, sometimes online, sometimes offline.
If I take the second TL-WA850RE offline, all works fine.

How can I connect the second TL-WA850RE to extend the range and without having this problems.

Thanks for help.

Yahyami
Options
5 Reply
Re:HowTo connect 2 TL-WA850REs to the same Router
2017-12-04 16:40:42
make sure you haven't got a loop firstly. And how about the LED, could you log in the web management when you drop connection.
Options
2017-12-08 04:18:03
If only one TL-WA850RE is connected, all works fine, and yes, i can connect zu the TL via Webinterface.
If both TLs are online, it seems all work fine, if I'm conncted to the first one, but if I'm connected to the second TL nothing will work.
Is there a specialized procedre to connect the second TL to the WLAN?
Options
2017-12-09 01:35:14

yahyami wrote

If only one TL-WA850RE is connected, all works fine, and yes, i can connect zu the TL via Webinterface.
If both TLs are online, it seems all work fine, if I'm conncted to the first one, but if I'm connected to the second TL nothing will work.
Is there a specialized procedre to connect the second TL to the WLAN?

@yahyami, I think I may be having a similar issue trying to use two AC750/RE200 units at the same time - see my post here:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?102488-Connect-two-AC750-Extenders-to-network-second-one-has-no-internet-access.-Help!

- When I have one RE200 connected to my network it works fine .

- When I have two RE200s connected to my network I lose internet connectivity on the second RE200. Initially internet connectivity on the second RE200 works fine, but after a while (maybe an hour or more) I lose internet connectivity on the second RE200. The router and the first RE200 continue to work fine.

I'll be interested to see your results on this. If you're having a similar issue hopefully it can be resolved.
Options
2017-12-11 05:03:49
I'm not @ home this week. I will try it as soon as I'm back home.
Options
2017-12-11 05:35:27

yahyami wrote

I'm not @ home this week. I will try it as soon as I'm back home.

Safe travels.

I finally (maybe) have both of my RE200/AC750 extenders up and running.

I had to:

1. Reset my router (again)
2. Set up the first RE200, cloning the existing 2.4 and 5 GHz networks
- As a part of setup I updated the FW on the router to the current version
3. Unplug the first RE200
4. Setup the second RE200, also cloning the existing 2.4 and 5 GHz networks
- As a part of setup I updated the FW on the router to the current version
5. Unplug the second RE200
6. Plug in the first RE200 in its desired location and confirm that the network and internet were accessible
7. Plug in the second RE200 in its desired location and confirm that the network and internet were accessible
8. Say a prayer and go to bed :)

Woke up this AM and my phone was not connecting the internet via the wireless network, so I was not happy, but tried turning Wi-Fi on the phone off and on again and things were OK after a bit. Rest of my family seems to be OK after in some cases similar off/on for Wi-Fi on their device. Overall network/Internet access seems OK, download/upload speeds seem OK.

So it look OK so far. Really hoping this holds up. I am worried what will happen the next time I have to reboot my router or the extenders, but we'll see what happens when the time comes.

If and when I have to reboot my router, I will always first unplug the extenders, reboot the router and confirm all devices are connected normally, and then plug in each extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 5