Deco M5 connected to MiFi device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-04 19:14:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

Purchased Deco a few months back to try in old house, as we were moving in to a temporary farmhouse which, upon moving in, had BT broadband working fine.
Deco was setup beautifully and worked like a dream for the dozens of devices my kids have around the place!

However, the owners of the property have had to move the land line to their new place, leaving us with a gap for broadband and as such, the only option I had was to buy a temp MiFi device (Vodafone) to get access for work laptops etc.

The MiFi works fine, but does not have an RJ45 connector to allow me to plug in the existing Deco network, and keep the mesh network setup as is.

Is there any way I can connect the Deco to the MiFi device over wireless, to then share across all three pucks?

Mifi device is a Huawei R218h

Thanks in advance

Craig
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 connected to MiFi device
2017-12-05 14:54:15
unfortunately the Deco cannot wirelessly connect to the MiFi device.
You would have to use an Access point, it works like this:
MiFi device ))wifi(( Access point(client mode)---Ethernet cable ----- main Deco

Here's an access point:
https://www.amazon.de/TP-Link-TL-WA801ND-Access-Point-300Mbit/dp/B004UBU8IE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512456698&sr=8-2&keywords=tl-wa701nd
Options