Deco Questions about Antivirus, QoS and Wifi-Disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-05 00:35:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
my name is matse, i'm from germany and i've some questions/probs in using deco5:

1) I have the deco5 since 10 days and the AV-database didn't update so far. Today i restartet the main deco and the database was updated. So, when will the trend-micro-database do an update? Only on restarts?

2) The main-deco5 is connected per wire to the main-router and deco is running in routermode too. I know, double-nat, but do not want to switch in AP-mode and loose the worthy features, like parental-control. There is no problem with access to the other wired devices on the main-router. The only thing is, that you can not disable bandwith-control for specific ip's, ports or devices and my upload to my main-router-connected NAS is extrem slow. NAS has an different ip to deco and i assume that all ip's, not in the same subnet of deco are declared as "internet" and bandwith is throttling the upload speed to NAS. It would be nice to have the ability to disable Qos for devices or ip's.

3) We have 2 Samsung Galaxy S6 edge connected to deco and they disconnecting randomly with the error "authentication error occured" in wlan-settings of S6. This mostly occures when S6 is roaming in standby and awakes in the near of an other deco. Then the S6 is disconnected an you have the reconnect. All our other wifi-devices stay connected. Is this a samsung-problem?

Thanks
matse
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Questions about Antivirus, QoS and Wifi-Disconnections
2018-07-11 15:17:12

matse wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
my name is matse, i'm from germany and i've some questions/probs in using deco5:

1) I have the deco5 since 10 days and the AV-database didn't update so far. Today i restartet the main deco and the database was updated. So, when will the trend-micro-database do an update? Only on restarts?

2) The main-deco5 is connected per wire to the main-router and deco is running in routermode too. I know, double-nat, but do not want to switch in AP-mode and loose the worthy features, like parental-control. There is no problem with access to the other wired devices on the main-router. The only thing is, that you can not disable bandwith-control for specific ip's, ports or devices and my upload to my main-router-connected NAS is extrem slow. NAS has an different ip to deco and i assume that all ip's, not in the same subnet of deco are declared as "internet" and bandwith is throttling the upload speed to NAS. It would be nice to have the ability to disable Qos for devices or ip's.

3) We have 2 Samsung Galaxy S6 edge connected to deco and they disconnecting randomly with the error "authentication error occured" in wlan-settings of S6. This mostly occures when S6 is roaming in standby and awakes in the near of an other deco. Then the S6 is disconnected an you have the reconnect. All our other wifi-devices stay connected. Is this a samsung-problem?

Thanks
matse

Hi all,

I am having a similar issue with LG G3. On laptop I get Unable to connect to the network.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve issue?

Thank you for all help.
Options
2018-07-12 14:39:45
Except LG G3, other devices are working properly?

If it connects to your main modem/router, does it have the same issue?

try to update the firmware on LG G3 to the latest one. As I know, the connection issue of Samsung S6 with Deco is caused by its firmware version.
Options
2018-07-13 15:08:22

Bowen98 wrote

Except LG G3, other devices are working properly?

If it connects to your main modem/router, does it have the same issue?

try to update the firmware on LG G3 to the latest one. As I know, the connection issue of Samsung S6 with Deco is caused by its firmware version.

Problem has been reloved on LG G3. I do not know how but it has.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 3