Q: Can I use M5 Deco with Cujo and extend my existing WLAN from ISP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-06 15:29:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there

Before I buy this system, which seems to perfectly fit my expectations so far, I wanted to ask two questions:
will this system work behind the Cujo Firewall (since it has some quite nice security features built in as well, and I don't want to mess them up)?
[*]can I extend / expand my existing WLAN from my ISP, or do I build up a new WLAN, and basically just shut down the one from my ISP?
Thanks for any clarification in advance!

Regards
TiRohn
Options
3 Reply
Re:Q: Can I use M5 Deco with Cujo and extend my existing WLAN from ISP?
2017-12-06 19:35:29
1. The Deco probably would not work behind the Cujo Firewall, or maybe not, it depends on what kind of security rules has been configured on the Cujo firewall.
2, The Deco would not extend your existing WLAN from ISP, better to have it shut down, let the Deco handle your WiFi network exclusively.
Options
2017-12-07 13:17:57
Regarding 2, wouldn't AP mode satisfy this need?
Options
2017-12-07 15:14:14
Thanks both, for your swift answers. I guess AP mode ist not what I would want to setup, since this would end up in loosing the additional functionality, but shutting down my ISP's WLAN is definitely an option. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 749

Replies: 3