Please update Archer T4UH v2 Windows 10 drivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-08 05:56:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Story

I bought big party of such adapters to my university (>1000 units) and I totally disappointed how TP-Link doing things.

Why I bought it?

Because some reviews and mainly because latest drivers published on site 2017-02-06.

What I see in reality?

Windows 10 Device Manager cleanly show driver version 1030.2.731.2015 with development date 2015-10-29! If I had known this before, I would never have bought this adapters party!

What drawbacks?

On each restart I see Error Event in Windows Log:

[CODE]
WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.
Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126
[/CODE]

Is Wifi works?

Yes, but this does not matter. I bought this adapters because I expected that TP-Link will update drivers without any issues since this adapter chipset is Realtek 8812AU. In reality drivers not updated since 2015!

Why not use driver from Realtek site?

Who will provide me guarantee that it will works as expected without any issues? Adapter was bought from TP-Link, so I expect tested drivers from TP-Link. And yes, fresh drivers. Am I want too much?

What I expect from TP-Link?

Updated driver for Archer T4UH v2 to latest version. And if it possible official confirmation that driver from Realtek site is usable (as temporary solution!) without any side effects.

What I will do if it will not be done?

I will just return all units to storage where I bought it and will ask for money back. Also I'll forget company with name TP-Link and will never recommend it to friends and to companies.

P.S.

Guys is that REALLY so hard to test and pack new drivers into Setup.exe? Do not you think that customers care will grow up sales? Do not you think that many people do not buy your devices because of outdated drivers? I really hope that sitiation will be solved!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Please update Archer T4UH v2 Windows 10 drivers
2017-12-09 23:57:11
Having the same problem with T2UH -I downloaded Windows 10 drivers from the website but it's just a utility as far as I can tell. If I point my adapter to the folder where I extracted the files it does not detect newer drivers.
Options
Re:Please update Archer T4UH v2 Windows 10 drivers
2017-12-11 22:10:41
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101991-Archer-T4UH-V1-Driver-Unofficial-Version-171121-Windows-32-and-64-bit
You could try this, updated drivers from Realtek (2017/6/26) Works fine with latest version of Windows 10 for me, but I have v1. I think it has the same realtek RTL8812AU chip tho.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1041

Replies: 2