How to configure TPLINK Archer C9 1900 - specific configuration requirement.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-08 18:49:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have purchased TPLINK Archer C9 1900 router. I will want to have a specific setup/configuration. Let me explain. In one room there will be one wierless router connected to internet. In other room I will want to connect a sationary computer which has only ability to connect to network by wire (no WIFI card). So the setup will be like this. Router TPLINK Archer will be bridged to router connected to Internet and computer will be connected by wire to TPLINK Archer C9.
I don't really know if it is possible to connect like this. From first tests I don't have the connection to the Internet while working on stationary computer connected to TP LINK by wire (lan port). The bridge connection is working fine but only when connected by WIFI

Maybe this is only a configuration issue on the stationary computer. Can somebody help on that.

Thank You for any support provided.

Pawel
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to configure TPLINK Archer C9 1900 - specific configuration requirement.
2017-12-15 17:58:44
It seems that C9 can not support WDS mode.
You would better check it with TPLINK support
Options
Re:How to configure TPLINK Archer C9 1900 - specific configuration requirement.
2017-12-15 18:03:06
I make a mistake that C9 support WDS function.
I have found at Advanced->SystemTools -> System Parameters there is able to enable WDS Bridging function.
My Archer C9_V5 with the firmware 160927
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 791

Replies: 2

Related Articles