Adding Extra Units + Unit position

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-09 02:03:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just installed the 3 unit set but it does not quite cover all areas of our large old house which has thick walls, etc .

Question 1: Do I need to buy the single units individually to add on the network or can I buy another pack of 3 (almost as cheap as 2 individual ones), ie are all units identical?
Q 2) Must all units link directly to the min Gateway unit (ie connected to my router) or can they be "daisy chained" so some of the extra units connect to each other?
Q 3) Will the WiFi signal be adversely affected by fixing a unit vertically onto a wall behind a wall mounted TV, s opposed to placing it on a flat surface?

Any advice much appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding Extra Units + Unit position
2017-12-11 10:55:02
Here's my take:

1. All of the units should be interchangeable, so any that you buy can be added to an existing network without problems.

2. You can of course daisy chain nodes, but note that you will lose connection speed the further away from the gateway node that you are. (I recommend using ethernet backhaul wherever possible.)

3. From what I have heard, vertically mounting onto a wall should not affect signal strength (except maybe if it is blocked by the TV in front of it...), but note that the nodes do not include a means to do so easily. You will need to devise a method for vertical mounting yourself.
Options
Re:Adding Extra Units + Unit position
2017-12-11 11:45:50
LÆ°u lại tÃ* về tìm hiểu má»›i được
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 2

Related Articles