TL-WN881ND & Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WN881ND & Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WN881ND & Windows 10
TL-WN881ND & Windows 10
2017-12-11 22:16:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought this wireless card from amazon and plugged it into my system.

It's detected by device manager as some kind of "Network Controller"

However, Windows will not install the drivers automatically. Also, the Drivers provided on their website do not show in the update driver section and even when trying to use their software utility it says it can not detect the wireless adaptor.

Some notes:

It is a 1x card but I have it installed into a 16x slot (It states that is is compatible)
I have also tried solutions to other people having the same problem however I'm not able to fix it for myself.
Example: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2968677/windows-link-wn881nd.html

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help
Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND & Windows 10
2017-12-12 19:12:01
V1 or V2? V1 doesn't support win10
Options
2017-12-29 13:16:06
I just bought this wireless card from amazon and plugged it into my system.

It's detected by device manager as some kind of "Network Controller"

However, Windows will not install the drivers automatically. Also, the Drivers provided on their website do not show in the update driver section and even when trying to use their software utility it says it can not detect the wireless adaptor.

I have just installed the same card and am having the EXACT same issue.

It says "Windows 10 compatible" on the side of the box so it must be the correct Version.

I don't even need a WiFi card but the Amazon Echo won't set up without a PC with a Wi-Fi connection. But I can't get a Wi-Fi connection on this PC because of it's inability to detect this Wireless adapter.

Please help!
Options
2018-01-04 14:53:00
try to download in this link and re-install it: http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN881ND.html#Driver
Options
I May Have The Answer To Your Problem
2018-02-27 06:46:52
Hi, so I was looking at this forum looking for answers and I found it. The US Website for TP link, only has V1 drivers so I looked on the UK website and found it.
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/TL-WN881ND.html
Options
2018-03-10 07:31:11
Thank you RandomKnowledge!
Saved my bacon on this one, what a s*** job of TPLinks support page. Was about to bin the damn card. I knew it worked as I'd already got it working, last time I installed it I must have downloaded the drviver from the uk site by accident!

Once again thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5286

Replies: 5

Related Articles