Archer C3200 Not connecting to any Range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-16 20:09:22
Model : Archer C3200 EU

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone,I am unable to connect any range extender with my TP link Archer C3200 router.I have one tp link extender and one Dlink. Both have issue with my router and both are working fine on other routers.I can setup the extender and at the last step when I reboot, nothing will happen and there is no internet.Both extenders are 2.4 Ghz band.There is no Mac filter or any thing like that enabled.After configuring extender I can't see it on my routers connected devices.I hope everything's explained.please provide a solution.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C3200 Not connecting to any Range extender
2017-12-21 16:00:59
Known issue. C3200 not supporting network WDS bridge/extension. I use Gargoyle firmware in extender AP to hook-up with C3200 native firmware. I believe DD-WRT or OpenWRT should do the trick too.
Options
2017-12-22 17:02:30
There is no related to WDS function, it seems that abaid would like to let the tplink extender and Dlink extender connect to the C3200 router.
Is there any compatibility problem between tplink extender and tplink router? I think no.
so I suggest you you can contact tplink support for the further troubleshooting.
Options
2017-12-23 00:30:51
yes it is not related to WDS function which I anyway tried. Their support asks for normal troubleshooting which I did. What seems to me that extender needs to be very near to the router only then it will get connected. My previous router able to connect at 2 bars even but this router will disconnect extender if it goes to 2 bars. For three and 4 bars of signal I have to keep my extender with in 15 feet and after that there is no point of having an extender.This routers 2.4 GHZ signals range is just 10 feet more of its 5ghz band. Previous dlink 860l has more range at 2.4ghz than this one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1013

Replies: 3

Related Articles