Crappy Deco M5 - Worst product ever

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 00:50:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Why such as product are so bad? beacue it is made for not work!

I try everything to solve any kind of problem on Deco M5 and it cant be solved.

If you try to add a Deco M5 in your basement it will really not work, beacuse there is no wifi signal to connect to network, ok, you bring a cable to connect to deco M5, IT DOESNT WORK,ok, you set a new WiFi Accesspoint form tplink to have wifi in the basement, now your smartphone can connect to internet and you can add a new Deco M5, ok, lets try it again.

turn on the deco m5
blue pulsing led
add new deco
start to communicate, tell it will take a minute, pass one hour and nothing happen!

Why? Because the crappy deco M5 need to have WiFi connection by each another unit to work, YES, it cant run by ethernet!

APP is a real mess, the Tp-Link software engineer and the project engineer are obivious dumb as well, they cannot even test a product in the real usage scenario prior to release it.

Now they cannot fix the mess they have done.

This product is a real mess.

Wifi Mesh??? hahahah, Access Point over your house works 100000% better.

The WiFi Mesh cant even sense your position to drop you wifi connection to reconnect to a better Deco M5 device, this is so obivious that you signal will be crap!

You can run in the same room that your device is, somehow if your signal is so strong the device kicks you and the other deco assume you connection, CRAP again.

You cant have One devcie in WiFi Mesh running and other running by cable, why? Simple doesnt work!

You can try anything but the true is:
Only work with a very good wifi conection between units (seens it is a very low end wifi repeater)
Doesnt work by ethernet FE, Gigabit or any other cable.

Proof, try by your self. Can send all proofs on networks maps, logs, packages, traces, and you can discover the Deco M5 in the current version/usage is a CRAP!

I have request TP-LINK support, it is also crap, proof:
December 3 - ticket: [Deco Support #392432]: Deco(1.0)+BR

Still no answer, all is requesting...

Why? They already know the problem are trying to solve.

I Want my money back, I paid R$ 1500 (U$ 447) for a system that doesnt work.
https://www.americanas.com.br/produto/27584661/tp-link-deco-m5-whole-home-wi-fi-ac1300-dual-band-3-pack?opn=YSMESP&loja=9472026000107&epar=bp_pl_00_go_pla_infeaces_rlsa_novos_3p&WT.srch=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyNjRBRCpARIsAPDBnn33ZFXPCozK3sZyKYBa69-DMaMzHp_AETj3p149GhuAk-J6ltWv9Q8aAm7-EALw_wcB

TP-Link support cant solve anything.

Help? What kind of help?

DECO M5 DOESNT WORK AS THEY MARKETING...
Options
2 Reply
Re:Crappy Deco M5 - Worst product ever
2017-12-21 19:50:52
I do not recognize the issues you report. The DECO's I have connect perfectly via WiFi and they connect perfectly via a network cable.

> Why? Because the crappy deco M5 need to have WiFi connection by each another unit to work, YES, it cant run by ethernet!
Could you validate that the network cable is working correctly? E.g. by connecting a laptop to that cable? If it's working fine than most likely the DECO has a defect.

Options
Re:Crappy Deco M5 - Worst product ever
2017-12-21 21:09:39
And here was I thinking that my Decos were among the best IT products I've bought in year. Nary a complaint about the network from any family members since I installed it. AND all my personal devices get priority :-)

I think you might be dealing with a hardware problem, OP.
Options