Third M5 does not connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-19 08:56:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I've just recently bought a 3 pack Deco M5.

I started seting them up and all was well until I reached my third M5.

Let me explain the situation as detailed as possible.

Two of them work exactly as expected. One does not, for simplicity I'll call it DeadM5.

Environment:

Phone: Pixel 1st Gen
[*] Router : Huawei HG8247Q

I've tried the following steps:

1) Connect the DeadM5 second and last. Everything goes well until it starts "Optimizing your Network". I get the following error:

2) Connect it second and last via another smartphone, iPhone 6, same result as 1.

3) Connect it second, while connected via cable to the base Deco M5, same result as 1.

4) All the preceding steps while on Access Point Mode, same result as 1.

5) Connect the DeadM5 first. Everything goes ok until it tries to create the wireless network (mind you it does validate the internet connection) :

6) Connect it first via the iPhone 6, same result as 5.

7) Connect it first via cable connected directly to my my router, same result as 5.

Funny thing is despite not working it does show up in my device list:

All the while I reset a few times, not just the DeadM5 but also the other two M5.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Regards,
JPSequeira
Options
2 Reply
Re:Third M5 does not connect.
2017-12-20 16:56:21
Please provide a map of your setup. I'm wondering why your nodes (DeadM5) are showing up in your connected devices list, whereas mine only shows the end terminals.)
Options
Re:Third M5 does not connect.
2017-12-20 20:02:33
Mine do that too, if I reboot all three one after the other, they seem to take a while to recover and the missing ones show up with generic names until the system sorts itself out. Luckily, mine does reliably do so.

How do people create those maps that I keep seeing on this forum?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 2

Related Articles