Firmware update broke access control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-23 05:41:21
Model :

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version : 2.0.0 Build 20170922 Rel. 32364

ISP :

I have a Archer c2300 (ca) . Today when I logged in to my router it showed the there was a firmware update. So I did a backup of my settings and then did the upgrade through the online upgrade option. The router upgraded to the 2.0.0 Build 20170922 Rel. 32364 version ,which looks like the same as the US version . After the upgrade when I turn on the Access Control and set to Whitelist any items in the White list were blocked from connecting to the Wireless on both 2.4 and 5ghz. The other issue is in the homecare tab, the Anti-virus Will not enable, when I try to enable all the options they will show as enable and then when I go back to the Anti-virus tab all the options are not enabled. I have tried to do a full factory reset and then tried the access control adding one device to test and still any items in the whitelist are blocked . Everything worked perfect before the firmware upgrade . any one have any ideas or is this just a bad update
Options
4 Reply
Re:Firmware update broke access control
2018-01-27 07:29:35
Just an update . TP-Link confirmed this issue and sent me a firmware to flash the old firmware . No fix in sight . I don't know how they can release a firmware update with such a big bug . And once the bug is found you would thing that a fix would be made possible right away . This will be my last TP-Link router . I have never seen a router with so little updates, Oh well I took the gamble and lost on this one .
Options
2018-04-10 03:08:01
Can you send me a download link to the firmware that allowed you to downgrade the c2300? thank you!

I can not send MP to you, I have no privilege!
Options
2018-08-13 22:24:56
I'm having the same problem - after updating the firmware stopped emitting wifi signal
Options
2018-08-17 08:44:08
they FINALLY did it Local Control is available on the latest firmware. However, i want to get local control while preserving root. Anyone had any experiences or quirks with the update, that we should know about? Is it straightforward? How is the local control?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 4

Related Articles