Archer C2300 v1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 v1.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 v1.0
2018-03-04 00:41:18
Hey mate, any luck?

I'm also having problems with 5.0Ghz, connection keep's droping and i'm having issues with packet loss, this firmware 2.0.0 is a mess to be honest....waiting for a new firmware.
Options
Re:Archer C2300 v1.0
2018-03-06 10:39:52
Hi,

When the 5GHz drops, do you still see the wifi name of the 5GHz? Did you try hard reset the router? What's the current firmware version of your router?

LOJ wrote

Hey mate, any luck?

I'm also having problems with 5.0Ghz, connection keep's droping and i'm having issues with packet loss, this firmware 2.0.0 is a mess to be honest....waiting for a new firmware.
Options
AP vs Router Mode
2018-09-05 12:37:01
I'm brand new to this router, but referring to the functions listed in previous messages as "broken" or "lost", should they really be available in AP mode? As I understand it, AP mode involves the C2300 being connected to an ACTUAL network router in order to simply serve as an additional wireless access point. In this mode, I'd think the C2300 would simply be acting as sort of a bridge between the wireless devices in your network and the actual router. Thus there still needs to be another "edge device" connected to the C2300's WAN port which is actually doing the job of a router. Routing functions still have to be carried out by that router, not the AP, don't they? Things like DHCP, VPN, routing tables (i.e., static routes), etc., would rest with the router, not the AP. In this mode, the C2300 is acting more like a switch than a router, and IOW, when in AP mode, the C2300 is really no longer a router. If the C2300 in AP mode WERE to provide all these functions, you'd have contention between your actual router and the C2300 acting like one. It certainly IS possible to layer one router downstream from another one, but this creates a subnetting situation and you're essentially segmenting the network. That's all doable, but not what "AP mode" is. Or have I got it all wrong here?
Options