Archer C7| How to use Offline Download feature for Torrent Files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-24 01:39:55
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : v4

Firmware Version : Latest (Nov- 17 firmware release)

ISP : Local Broadband ISP

Hi Guyz,

I was trying to use the offline download feature on my Router; an Archer C7; to download some legal torrents,using its"Offline Download" functionality.
The issue was that they were not getting downloaded and it only showed a loading (sand hour glass) icon.
I am not sure if this function requires any additional setup but the URL one was working fime and passing a valid URL would download the correct file to
the specified Cloud disk path.
Other Manufacturer's routers require a software (Like Asus uses Download Master to be installed on the cloud disk to make this functional in their routers),not sure of any
similar software /solution available from TP -Link.

Any assistance here will be very helpful as this seems to be a nifty feature to have.

Eagerly waiting for a positive solution response.

Thanks.
Anikit
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7| How to use Offline Download feature for Torrent Files
2018-03-15 04:31:09
Hello Anikit.

Still did not solve your problem?

In https://www.tp-link.com/br/download/Archer-C7_V4.html#Firmware
has different firmwares versions.
Your Archer C7 allow downgrade ?
I want to buy one and I do not know if I should or should not update the firmware ?

Thanks.
Marcelo - From Brasil. -

sorry about my bad English

anikit wrote

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : v4

Firmware Version : Latest (Nov- 17 firmware release)

ISP : Local Broadband ISP

Hi Guyz,

I was trying to use the offline download feature on my Router; an Archer C7; to download some legal torrents,using its"Offline Download" functionality.
The issue was that they were not getting downloaded and it only showed a loading (sand hour glass) icon.
I am not sure if this function requires any additional setup but the URL one was working fime and passing a valid URL would download the correct file to
the specified Cloud disk path.
Other Manufacturer's routers require a software (Like Asus uses Download Master to be installed on the cloud disk to make this functional in their routers),not sure of any
similar software /solution available from TP -Link.

Any assistance here will be very helpful as this seems to be a nifty feature to have.

Eagerly waiting for a positive solution response.

Thanks.
Anikit
Options
2018-03-15 04:40:13
Hello. Have you solved your problem yet? On the support site tplink there are several firmware versions. Tried to downgrade firmware old version ? I'm looking to buy a V4 and am afraid to upgrade to the latest version.
Thank you Sorry my bad english
Options
2018-03-15 09:53:22
I can see the latest firmware is US version. If your router is US version, you can upgrade or downgrade to US version.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5748

Replies: 3