Is it possible to know what is the DHCP Range assigned by Dec or even better control the IP range ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to know what is the DHCP Range assigned by Dec or even better control the IP range ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-24 11:53:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :
Options
5 Reply
Re:Is it possible to know what is the DHCP Range assigned by Dec or even better control the IP range ?
2017-12-26 14:24:39
The default range is 192.168.0.X. If it detects conflict in the front-end, it will change its DHCP range to 192.168.1.X automatically.
Will add the option to change the DHCP range manually in future updates.
Options
Re:Is it possible to know what is the DHCP Range assigned by Dec or even better control the IP range ?
2017-12-28 01:54:03
This is a major issue with anyone that sets static IP's. Then the whole network scheme just changes and we can not force it back? What?? This just happened to me. How do we make it go back to 192.168.0.1?
Options
2017-12-28 11:10:30
Temporarily, you can simply change the LAN IP address of your front-end router. Change it to 192.168.1.1 and Deco will detect the conflict again and roll back to 192.168.0.1.

In addition, a hard reset on Deco will also make it back to 192.168.0.1.

How to hard reset: Find the RESET button on the back panel of Deco, press it with a pen pin for one second. The LED light will turn yellow, indicating it's been reset.
Wait for about 1 minute until it's pulsing blue and walk through the quick setup process to re-configure your Deco network again.
Options
Front End?
2017-12-28 13:17:45
When you say "front end Router" what exactly are you referring to ? My cable modem or DSL modem? The reason I am asking is because device uses an IP address of 192.168.100.1 which is not even in the same scheme?

TP-Link Deco wrote

Temporarily, you can simply change the LAN IP address of your front-end router. Change it to 192.168.1.1 and Deco will detect the conflict again and roll back to 192.168.0.1.

In addition, a hard reset on Deco will also make it back to 192.168.0.1.

How to hard reset: Find the RESET button on the back panel of Deco, press it with a pen pin for one second. The LED light will turn yellow, indicating it's been reset.
Wait for about 1 minute until it's pulsing blue and walk through the quick setup process to re-configure your Deco network again.
Options
2018-01-13 01:54:44

TP-Link Deco wrote

The default range is 192.168.0.X. If it detects conflict in the front-end, it will change its DHCP range to 192.168.1.X automatically.
Will add the option to change the DHCP range manually in future updates.

I use TP-Link products almost exclusively and can attest that the automatic switch does NOT happen automatically. I understand the need for ease of use and this really has been a great product but the lack of ability to change the DHCP range is really limiting and causing me a lot of trouble and frustration. For example, I found this forum and this is my first post so there's definitely some issue here.
Options