Access Point Operating Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-27 11:45:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

just picked up the Deco M5 for our home and looking forward to its features and wireless performance! Our ISP here in Toronto Canada is Bell and they provide a combo modem and wireless router. I have disabled the wireless but unable to put the modem in bridge mode because it runs our internet based TV service. Wanting the same subnet as my lan network for wireless I have changed the Deco m5 operating mode to Access Point from the default Router mode allowing for my modem to act as DHCP server.

has anyone else done this and now has 3 separate networks that each have 1 deco device? I have all access points sepetly run from 1 switch and don't find the performance or network coverage very strong this way. First is this how Access Point is made to work and does my setup follow tp-link best practices for my situation?

looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback, many thanks in advance!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point Operating Mode
2017-12-27 19:32:12
I ran into this myself
Make sure you have it set up to go
Bell Router - out to Deco and then wire from Deco to switch and then everything and all the decos coming off the switch
you can't have anything before the DECO between the Bell router and the first DECO
if you have it this way in AP mode you will have wired backhaul if the DECOS are all wired
if you have the decos on the switch all together it won't provide increased speed and you will lose wired backhaul

Make sure you go
BELL ROUTER - Ethernet out to Deco - Ethernet out of Deco to rest of network to get max speed and backhaul and make sure all DECO's are on same network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 1

Related Articles