Archer C7 becomes unaccessible after approximately 12 hours of uptime

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-29 23:51:15
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : v4.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 20171101 rel.37754

ISP :

Hi guys,
I replaced my old TL-WR1043ND with an Archer C7 2 days ago and since then the router became unaccessible 2 times: sometime around 2AM and the next day, at 4:30PM.
First, the Internet LED becomes red as if there is no Internet connection. Then, after 1 minute or so, the Internet LED as well as the LAN leds start flashing for about 30 seconds - 1 minute and then they simply die.
The network icon in Windows changed to the one it shows when there is no available connection (red circle with the white X on it).
From there on the router's management console becomes unaccessible.(it shows the browser generic error diagnostic page).
The only way to solve this is to reboot the router.
First I thought it's an ISP issue and I got in touch with them but since the management console became unaccessible, I now suspect a router issue.
And it's not my first time having similar issues with TP-Link routers. I had to replace about 4 TL-WR1043ND v1.0 right after purchasing them because they would keep doing the same thing every 12-24 hours.
But since I got a v2.0 in the end, I had no issues for 3 years so I got an C7 v4 just to avoid this.
Any ideas?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 becomes unaccessible after approximately 12 hours of uptime
2018-01-03 20:02:06
If you disable "Enable NAT Boost" (System Tools -> System Parameters) is there any difference?
Options
Re:Archer C7 becomes unaccessible after approximately 12 hours of uptime
2018-01-05 19:16:44

Emilian wrote

If you disable "Enable NAT Boost" (System Tools -> System Parameters) is there any difference?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just upgraded the firmware so I want to see what happens next but I'll give it a try if this keeps happening.
I'll post back in a few days or so.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 2

Related Articles