Log function to see which websites are visited

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-01 01:53:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a function in the TP-link control dashboard to log all activities of all devices which are in my network.
As example: if I went on internet with my iPhone (Safari) and I visit the website of the local footballclub. Could I see somewhere in the dashboard that I have visited that website?

Looking forward to see the reactions.

Thanks.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Log function to see which websites are visited
2018-01-03 10:36:06
Options
2018-01-04 05:30:53

nforcedragon wrote

Thank you for your answer, but it does not work with my C2600 router?
Options
2018-01-04 05:31:38
thank you for your answer, but it does not work for my c2600 router?
Options
2018-01-04 17:38:43
Archer C2600 does not support home care function.
Options
2020-10-01 20:04:01 - last edited 2020-10-01 20:11:39

@Lurvelly Well, I have HomeCate on my TP-Link Archer AX50 and Home care features are only accessible in TP Link's "Tether" iOS or Android apps (not on my Windows desktop which actually has a screen big enough to see what's displayed in the app), so I can't be 100% that I see everything that's there, but if there's a way to see a log of web traffic there, it is VERY well hidden.  When I went poking around for a log, I got a message that Tether is for advanced features like that and that I needed to go to the router's browser interface (192.168.0.1), which I did and also found no log of web traffic.

I don't think the feature exists and the only reason I bought this router to replace the TP-Link Archer AX(something other than 50 that didn't include Home Care) was to be able to see what sites my kids are accessing during the school day while they're supposed to be doing remote learning (yes, I also check with my eyes, but I need a backup).  I need to find out what sites they're wasting time on and block their access to those sites during school hours, unfortunately HomeCare doesn't seem to support block a device from accessing certain domains at some times and not at others.

I think I need to go with something with a less user-friendly front-end that actually lets me create detailed rules about which sites are available at which times to which devices, which HomeCare just doesn't do.  I can block a site to machine associated with either child and I can block all access from their machines during certain hours, but a more detailed rule that allows access by certain machines to certain sites only during certain hours was probably determined to be too complicated for users.

I think D-Link still lets you tailor rules to your exact preferences.

Options
2021-04-29 10:03:16

@123dcp 

I have the same issue. not enough detail, it would report kids visited youtube.com... thats doesnt help much, it could be valid school work or videos on youtube to research but who know if its not work related. 

have you managed to find a solution that works? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 63156

Replies: 6

Related Articles