Frequent loss of WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent loss of WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Frequent loss of WIFI
Frequent loss of WIFI
2018-01-05 22:56:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi!

For some reason the WIFI seems to drop from time to time.
I have upgraded the firmware, reset the bases but the problems continue.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Frequent loss of WIFI
2018-01-11 10:19:25
Do you mean connectivity between your devices and Deco, or internet connectivity between Deco and the web? It might be helpful to know your setup and what exactly is happening.
Options
2018-01-11 23:45:56

dtnewport wrote

Do you mean connectivity between your devices and Deco, or internet connectivity between Deco and the web? It might be helpful to know your setup and what exactly is happening.

Hi, what I mean is that I am loosing WIFI connection frequently. As an example, if i am playing a online game (Heartstone) i am loosing connection all the time, however if i turn off WIFI and use 4G, then everything is stable.
I do not see this problem on my PC, however my PC has a cable connection and are not using WIFI. Other memebers of the familiy is also experience the WIFI as unsable.

My setup is that all Deco's are connected with cable.
Options
2018-01-15 09:17:01
You could try a few things. Play with the QOS settings, and see if that helps. Also try turning off all but the gateway node and see if the problem still exists (maybe interference is causing a problem, or you are bouncing between one unit and another?). If the nodes are within reach of each other, you could also try without cable and see if that makes a difference.
Options
2018-01-16 21:16:08
So what you are saying is that roaming does not work well?
There is no problems when using cable.
Options
2018-01-17 08:29:42

staalhermo wrote

So what you are saying is that roaming does not work well?
There is no problems when using cable.

If there is no problem with devices connected to a cable, then yes, I'm guessing that something is preventing your devices from roaming adequately. As for a fix, I can't say, but you could try adjusting the spacing of your Decos.
Options