How to Connect Pocket Router to Hotel Network Requiring Authentication/Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-07 03:38:56
Model : TL-WR810N

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm trying to set up my TL-WR810N as a Standard Wireless Router as I'm living in a hotel for the next 12 months. The hotel's network requires a password/authentication in order to access it. How can I go about configuring this with my pocket router? I've tried both the Auto-Detect and the Dynamic IP (with and without MAC clone) setups, however, neither detect the WAN connection (hard connection). I believe it's because I need to somehow use the hotel network password to access the LAN network. How can I configure this in the setup?

Apologies in advance if this is a sophomoric question, but I'm not technically savvy and trying to pick this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Connect Pocket Router to Hotel Network Requiring Authentication/Password
2018-01-18 00:20:16
It isn't likely that a wired connection in a hotel would require authentication to get an IP address. Most often, the business will authenticate via a web page AFTER you have accessed the LAN, and before permitting a connection to access the internet.

I haven't used this model but I'm browsing the emulator ( http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WR810N.html). When you run setup - under WAN connection type, are you not getting an IP address when you "Detect"? If not, there are a couple of things to validate - principally, that the network port in your room is enabled/active. Are you able to connect to the internet by plugging directly into the wired port with a computer?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 1

Related Articles