Archer Router and KRACK - why is there no firmware update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-09 04:24:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have an Archer D2 router. I was looking for a firmware update due to the KRACK vulnerability. I read the "WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability Statement" from TP-Link. However, when I checked the download page for the D2, I saw that the last firmware upgrade was in September 2015.

Does anyone know why the D2 has not been provided with a firmware update? What should I do?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer Router and KRACK - why is there no firmware update?
2018-01-09 10:49:09
[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1970.html

Unaffected TP-Link products:
[/FONT]
All powerline adapters All mobile Wi-Fi products Routers and gateways working in their default mode (Router Mode) and AP Mode Range extenders working in AP Mode

Options
Re:Archer Router and KRACK - why is there no firmware update?
2018-01-10 06:48:26
Been doing some research, here's a link to some important reading https: //www.ctrl.blog/entry/tplink-firmware-outdated-downloads

A Quote from the link: " A support technician who shall remain nameless stated that it’s “[B]not suggest you update the firmware if the device is working fine."[/B]

yorkshiretea wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have an Archer D2 router. I was looking for a firmware update due to the KRACK vulnerability. I read the "WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability Statement" from TP-Link. However, when I checked the download page for the D2, I saw that the last firmware upgrade was in September 2015.

Does anyone know why the D2 has not been provided with a firmware update? What should I do?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Options