Unable to access web interface after updating firmware on Archer C1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-13 09:57:50
Model : Archer C1200

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : Latest

ISP : MEO (PT)

Hello,

Today I found a notice on the webinterface of my Archer C1200 regarding a Firmware update.
I decided to upgrade since I was having some issues ( I had to restart it on a daily basis because Wifi was allways going down )

I followed the procedure on screen and didn't turn the device off.
It got to 100% and then It rebooted. After the reboot I was asked to log in.

The first time I logged in, I waited for about 15 mins but it was allways showing a rotating wait icon.
I decided to refresh the webpage and was returned to the log in screen.

I tried once again to log in and after logging in the webpage that appears right after shows " No such file or directory"
My internet ( wired and wireless) is working. I'm just unable to reach the web interface.
I tried using your app, but that also doesn't work. I have locked the admin access to the mac address of my desktop PC, so I guess that explains it.

How can I restore access to the web interface?
Is there any way to perform a factory restore or gain access using ssh to revert the firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel Gonçalves
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to access web interface after updating firmware on Archer C1200
2018-01-13 19:59:35

miguas wrote

Is there any way to perform a factory restore or gain access using ssh to revert the firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel Gonçalves

There's a reset button at the back. Use a pin to press and hold this button for about 5 seconds to reset the router toits factory default settings.
Options
2018-01-14 00:32:35

miguas wrote

I tried once again to log in and after logging in the webpage that appears right after shows " No such file or directory"
My internet ( wired and wireless) is working. I'm just unable to reach the web interface.
I tried using your app, but that also doesn't work. I have locked the admin access to the mac address of my desktop PC, so I guess that explains it.

How can I restore access to the web interface?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel Gonçalves

Clear the cache of yuour browser, or restart your browser will solve this problem
Options
2018-01-15 00:10:51
Clearing the cache did solve it!
Thank you very much!

By the way, this is not the topic, but since the firmware update I haven't had to reboot router anymore.
I guess this last update solved that issue!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3610

Replies: 3