Harman Kardon Omni (Wireless Multi room Speaker Question)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-15 08:06:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

As well as many other Internet hungry devices - I also have 4 rooms with Harman Kardon Omni Wireless speakers.

PRIOR to buying the Deco M5 Devices (3) I had a BT Smart Hub and a Second Wireless router configured as an Access Point but with a different SSID.

In the main most devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets etc) connected to the SSID provided by the Smart Hub - the speakers connected to the SSID from the second router.

I have a 5 bedroom 3 storey house - therefore I found that it was difficult to connect ALL of the speakers to the second router - and when trying to play music in multiple rooms - from time to time i had drop outs (which causes the music to buffer / stall) and I often had to reboot the second router to re-connect all speakers.

I bought the Deco M5 as I assumed the whole house Mesh might alleviate this problem - providing a solid whole home wi-fi signal.

NOT SO.

It seems that the general wi-fi access is excellent - BUT - the speakers no longer seem to work as they should.

Individually each room works on its own, but attempting to play music in multiple rooms just doesn't work any more.

Using the Harman App - I can select which speakers I want to use (i.e. multiple rooms) - The speakers display the active lights as if to show they are connected - but they do not play music?

I've tried normal Wireless mode - and also connecting all Decos with ethernet cables.
I've tried putting the Primary (router) Deco into a DMZ,
I've tried changing to AP mode.

none of these configurations give me reliable use of my multi room speakers.....

It seems that the MESH is suitable for multi room wireless speakers ? Can anyone dispute this ?

Has anyone (with SONOS or other wireless wifi speakers) managed to configure the Deco M5s to give good performance ?

thanks,
dan
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 0