Why is there no development put into adding new features to the c3150v2 (and other TP-link wifi routers)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why is there no development put into adding new features to the c3150v2 (and other TP-link wifi routers)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-17 07:11:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

With such powerfull hardware in the device, it seems either plain stupid or straight out fucking over the cutomers to not add features on with firmware updates.

The days of not doing the above has long gone. When is TP-Link going to follow? I came from the C2600 to the C3150 with the hope of TP-Link would put some time into adding new features over time.

I'm sure TP-link knows that "returning" customers are the best customers. And the worst to lose.

So, please get in the game.....

Best Regards
Peter Refsgaard
Denmark
CCIE Security
Options
3 Reply
Re:Why is there no development put into adding new features to the c3150v2 (and other TP-link wifi routers)?
2018-02-11 10:35:45

peterr wrote

Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : HiWhy is there no development put into adding new features to the c3150v2 (and other TP-link wifi routers)? With such powerfull hardware in the device, it seems either plain stupid or straight out fucking over the cutomers to not add features on with firmware updates.The days of not doing the above has long gone. When is TP-Link going to follow? I came from the C2600 to the C3150 with the hope of TP-Link would put some time into adding new features over time. I'm sure TP-link knows that "returning" customers are the best customers. And the worst to lose. So, please get in the game.....Best RegardsPeter RefsgaardDenmarkCCIE Security
They don’t care about supporting products or returning customers. Its all about sales. I have the C3150 v1 and they have abandoned the product. Meanwhile NETGEAR continues to offer support for older models.
Options
Re:Why is there no development put into adding new features to the c3150v2 (and other TP-link wifi routers)?
2020-01-29 09:35:49

@kevin_z

@Carl

@anyone from Tp-link

Why?

Most recent firmware for C3150v2 (bugs included) is from 2017 - wave 2/DFS/features advertised are still missing. Bug reports and basic features requests are ignored big time.

Some of us love bugs only in the wild, not in firmware.

Options
2020-04-16 16:44:04

@AlexaD untill this week I thought that TP-Link is a good company, offering good products. I own Archer C2300 v1 and I bought last week the new version of this router v2 because of the features advertised on the web and on the router box: MU-Mimo, Wave 2 and 160 Mhz width band for 5 Ghz network ( as it is on the c2300 v2 emulator on their site). I also bought a new wifi card for mai laptop that supports 160 Mhz, Intel AX200NGW. And my surprise was that the new version v2 has nothing from v1 version. By the way the TrendMicro Antivirus is no longer present. And the Mu-Mimo is no present, the Wave2 also and my card connects at 867 Mbs like my old card Intel AC7265. I spoke to TP-Link support in Romania and my oppinion is that they don'y know their products. He searched online for my router to see de specs, checked de emulator on their site and he told me that the 160 Mhz width on the emulator was a misstake and the c2300 v2 connects only at 876 Mbs. He told me to buy the Ax50 in order to use 160 Mhz, Mu-Mimo and connect at 1733 Mbs. After searching for AX50 I thoud that it is worst than c2300, has serious heating problems that makes it unusuable and has to be restarted periodicaly. I returned the c2300 v2 and I wait to receive my money. I decided to buy Asus AX58U, after searching on forums, reviews about it. It is a strong router, has 4 antennas, is AX and connects using my card at 1733 Mbs. Has a very good suport, firmware arr launched very often. In april there are already two firmwares. I cand install on it the Merlin firmware which is awesome. After buying AX58U I will sell my C2300 v1 and I won't buy TP-Link routers anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 3

Related Articles