ARCHER C5400 wired and wireless internet connection speed drop to 54 Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-20 17:14:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I had an ISP speed upgrade from 50Mpbs to 100 Mbps but my C5400 keeps outputting 54 Mbps.
I turned of all NAT and firewall and virus scanners. The input into the C5400 from my ISP modem is 100 Mbps.
When I restart the router it's ok for maybe 1 or 2 hours after that again to 54 Mbps. Even the upload is limited to 3Mbps (have 10 Mbps).
Both wired and wireless have the problem. UTP cables are tested and are ok.

I have the latest firmware update from september 2017.

The wireless "fix" with setting the channel and bandwidth manual is all done. On 2.4 and 5Ghz auto the problem exists.

What is the problem?

Thought I was buyin a quality wifi router of €280 but it looks like crap now.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Wesley
Options
3 Reply
Re:ARCHER C5400 wired and wireless internet connection speed drop to 54 Mbps
2018-01-21 14:27:21
Hi
I see no one has responded yet. Do you still have an issue with your up/down speeds? I assume you tested your speed with different test sites, Beta Speed Test is the most accurate,(no flash required). The modem is the focus I believe.Did you unplug the modem and plug it back after the speed upgrade. If not I would do that first. Here's what I would do next if that didn't work:

1.Take modem out of bridge mode and do a factory reset.
2. Take the C5400 off-line by unplugging it.
3. Set the modem to Bridge mode
4. Put the C5400 back on-line

***If that doesn't fix the problem then I would reset the router to factory default**
Options
2018-01-22 17:03:08
Hi,
The ISP modem is ok. I tested wired and wireless the ISP modem also on all ports and with different cables.
The ISP modem is always returning 100 Mbps.
File copy to my NAS via the router is 100Mbps (NAS has only 100M/b conenction) while internet access is 54Mpbs and upload 3Mbps.

I've checked the logs and found a lot of errors and logs from the Led controller. Config can't be loaded. And also every X seconds something about the leds ON_OFF status.
I turned off led schedule and changed the date/time manual and now it looks stable.
Options
2020-09-01 15:28:26

I have the C5400 v2 with the latest stable firmware, 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(5553).  I had to go into the QoS section of the Advanced tab on the home page of the router setting menu to manually edit the Total Bandwidth entry to 900 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up for my supposedly 600mbps Xfinity service.  At the wall of the house it was around 880 and at the modem it was around 680 or so.  Now, I get anywhere from 620 to 690.  No beta firmware required. 

There is a button on the Basic tab of the Network Map page named Speed Test.  When I tested, it would register no more than 315/12 and that is what showed up automatically in the Total Bandwidth entry in both the QoS  Application Priority page and Device Priority page.  When I manually edited the QoS Application Priority page entry to 900/20, the bandwidth restriction to both my wired and wireless devices went away.  It also automatically changed the entry in the QoS Device Priority page to match so that I didn't have to make duplicate entries. 

Hope this helps... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 3