Archer C7 QoS: problem getting it working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-21 23:16:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought a C7. One reason was I could devide bandwidth into a section for my guests and for ourselves. It´s version 4.0 and the expected "Ingress/Egress" settings were no longer there. They aparently have been replaced by QoS (Quality of Service). I cannot get it to work properly:
1) if I put 1 of my laptops in the high priority cluster, bandwidth for that thing is immediately cut off at 40K. We have here 1.5Mb down. I tried this, I tried 2, 10, 1000, but it keeps "killing" the laptop´s access speed. Bitmeter normally shows big bursts, but now all traffic is cut of at 40K. The more machines I add, the slower they all get, allthough they are not doing anything special (just 2 Android phones doing a bit of pinging and checking Whatsapp, email, etc). The Priority cluster is set to the default 60%
2) to what cluster (High, Middle, Low) do Guest connection (different SSID) belong? I can´t find that.

If anyone knows how to solve it, I would be a happy man.Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 440

Replies: 0

Related Articles