Archer C7 V2 - Request for Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 V2 - Request for Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
92 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 - Request for Firmware Update
2018-03-17 01:00:09
the TS person I am dealing with just told me this about Beta 17 ....

The 17 beta firmware you mentioned is designed for fixing the compatibility issue between C7/D7 and t [I]he QCA6174 chipset

[/I]( the QCA6174 chipset is Used by Killer Networks' 1535 and many other Wifi Modules etc)but they have not confirmed fixes for Beta18 yet.

KB
Options
2018-03-17 03:22:45
I, too, am eagerly awaiting new "Canadian" firmware for the Archer C7 V2.

I would add that TP-Link would be very wise to consider that even though this is consumer hardware, most individuals who are responsible for, consult on, advise in relation to, or otherwise contribute to corporate network infrastructure purchasing decisions are certain to incorporate personal experiences with a brand into their advice and decisions. Companies who are content to leave thousands and thousands of affected devices in service with compromised firmware will always have a mental "red flag" when it comes time to procure devices for the next upgrade...

Of course it would be intolerable to go so long without firmware addressing KRACKS in a "serious" environment. Especially when firmware for the same or very similar devices is available in other regions!

I have already decided that I will never purchase Brother printers again for this reason. It would be a shame to have to add TP-Link to the proverbial "wall of shame"... when a friend or colleague asks for advice, what can I tell them? That I've been waiting years for new firmware? Not good!
Options
2018-03-18 06:34:19

onshi wrote

... when a friend or colleague asks for advice, what can I tell them? That I've been waiting years for new firmware? Not good!

Version 17 Works well but I don't know if Kracks is added in ?????

Version 18 , like the Official 16 FW, I found stalled out after 18-36 hrs and had to be rebooted.....

I originally thought the Router was Overheating when this happened as it didn't happen on FW 15 either...

Kristy Liao @ Canadian Support ( support.ca@tp-link.com) is who I have been emailing with , send Her an email too , so She knows another CDN User is effected too...

KB
Options
2018-03-27 00:53:20
I e-mailed TP-Link about 10 days ago and received the following reply from someone in their tech support group.

Haven't tried it so don't know if it really solves problem and it's been a week since response. [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][TABLE="class: cf adz"] [TD="class: ady"]

[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.
TP-Link are working on this case and will add support of SMB version 2 for your model in the following days.
Here is the temporary solution for your to access the USB devices connect on our router.

a) If you do not want to use SMB 1.0 anymore, you can use FTP to easily access the USB memory on your TP-Link router using the Internet browser. Alternatively, you can also use the FTP protocol with e.g. Cyberduck, FileZilla or WinSCP access the memory.
b) You may also continue using SMB1.0, please enable SMB 1.0 support on your windows 10 computer follow these steps:
1. Enter sys in the search box of the Windows taskbar and then select "Control Panel".
2. In the upper right corner, under "Display", select "Category" ().
3. Click on "Programs" and then on "Programs and Features".
4. Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
5. In the Windows Features window, enable "Support for SMB 1.0 / CIFS File Sharing" and click "OK.
6. Click "Restart Now" to complete the installation.

Sorry for all the inconvenience and your cooperation will be highly appreciate.

[TABLE="class: cf ix"]

Scarlett Xiao

[TD="class: gH"][/TD]

[/TABLE]

**************************************************************************************************************

onshi wrote

I would add that TP-Link would be very wise to consider that even though this is consumer hardware, most individuals who are responsible for, consult on, advise in relation to, or otherwise contribute to corporate network infrastructure purchasing decisions are certain to incorporate personal experiences with a brand into their advice and decisions. Companies who are content to leave thousands and thousands of affected devices in service with compromised firmware will always have a mental "red flag" when it comes time to procure devices for the next upgrade...

Of course it would be intolerable to go so long without firmware addressing KRACKS in a "serious" environment. Especially when firmware for the same or very similar devices is available in other regions!

I have already decided that I will never purchase Brother printers again for this reason. It would be a shame to have to add TP-Link to the proverbial "wall of shame"... when a friend or colleague asks for advice, what can I tell them? That I've been waiting years for new firmware? Not good!
Options
2018-03-31 03:27:33
TPlink has asked me to try FW18 again with new Drivers for my Laptop as the V18 Firmware also includes the Killer / Qualcomm QCA16x4 fix too but you also need the latest Drivers from Qualcomm/Atheros, for me 12.0.0.448 seems to be working better than 12.0.0295 , I got them from here:

https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

TP-Link also pointed me to this file for Qualcomm Drivers : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10ggB4LU3CPQm90YnBaSFdHUTA/view?usp=sharing

Every time when we develop a new firmware, it is based on the last version, so the V18 had fixed the QCA61x4 problem, too.

Options
2018-04-04 12:49:59
still no firmware update... :(
Options
2018-04-05 12:21:58

ic3b34r wrote

still no firmware update... :(

I am back on Beta FW 18 and it seems to be working better than previously now I have New Drivers ( 12.0.0.448) on the Qualcomm Wifi Card .

The USB Is very slow though about 8-10 times slower than if the same Drive is connected directly to the Computer, so I am not sure if SMBv2 is working properly or if it is jjust my Config , since I re-enable SMB1.

KB.
Options
2018-04-11 18:14:56
AD Router is coming, but TP-LINK still do nothing for EU version...
Options
2018-04-11 18:49:36
Where i can find the firmware update?
By: agen poker online
Options
2018-04-11 19:17:12
Yes it correct that its under technical test but when asks for reply its only that coz all are concerned , You just need to increase your support part. Other all is nice.
Options
Related Articles