TL-WR841N Access Control Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-23 20:09:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have setup my wifi modem to try and block my device.

I setup the host address, destination port 80 and schedule 24 x 7 but it fails to block the laptop and I can access the internet.

I want to setup a permit rule to only allow all my local wi-fi device to access HTTP port 80/443 and DNS to two open DNS server IP on port 53 but it fails to block the traffic to other DNS servers so I cant restrict my users to only my open DNS servers.

I understand firewalls and rules but these devices just dont seem to work like they should. In theory the device should only allow the source ip and destination port/ip I specify in the general permit rules and an implicit deny all other traffic but it just lets anything through.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me wether this product actually works and what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N Access Control Not Working
2018-03-22 11:26:02
what is the hardware and firmware version of your router? you's better send a screenshot of your settings as well to make it more clear
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1142

Replies: 1

Related Articles