List of routers affected by Android / Chromecast WiFi problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-23 23:05:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

This is mostly towards people that experience WiFi issues caused by Android/Chromecast devices on various routers.

Thread goal:
Make a list of routers affected by the WiFi connection issue caused by Android/Chromecast devices.

Problem description:
I have a TP-Link router (VR600v) and my 5GHz WiFi stops working after a while, and refuses to issue an IP to devices until the next reboot.
The wireless connection was working perfectly form June when I bought the router, until November, and since then it needs a reboot every 1 or 2 days.

The same problem is described by many people in this thread:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101240-Archer-C1200-v2-management-interface-and-Wifi-dies-after-a-little-while.

Problem background:
The issue is most probably caused by Android devices on the network, and is a known problem:
https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/16/google-chromecast-messing-wifi-connections/

Google has started updating the Play Services, to deal with the issue, and I can see that TP-Link did release firmware for C1200 that fixes this.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/19/google-rolls-out-patch-chromecast-wifi-bug/

I would like to ask TP-Link for an update on this issue for all of us that have routers that are affected.

Please, if you have a router that is affected, leave a response with the details.

I can start:

Router: TP-Link VR600v v1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v0058.0 Build 170504 Rel.39369n
Options
3 Reply
Re:List of routers affected by Android / Chromecast WiFi problem
2018-07-07 03:13:47
Not sure if its exactly the same issue, i dont have wireless issues with the rest of my devices, not that I'm aware at least, what happens to mine is that the chromecast device is no longer visible and i have to reboot the router in order to see it again, pretty annoying considering that the previous router I had was way cheaper but it worked like a charm:

Router: TL-WR941HP v2.0
Firmware: 2.0.1 Build 20171225 Rel. 60160
Options
2018-08-09 01:15:33
Same Router, same problem... any solution?

ccastro wrote

Not sure if its exactly the same issue, i dont have wireless issues with the rest of my devices, not that I'm aware at least, what happens to mine is that the chromecast device is no longer visible and i have to reboot the router in order to see it again, pretty annoying considering that the previous router I had was way cheaper but it worked like a charm:

Router: TL-WR941HP v2.0
Firmware: 2.0.1 Build 20171225 Rel. 60160
Options
2018-10-20 22:08:55
Same router and problem I can't believe. What can we do to tp link fix it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2612

Replies: 3

Related Articles