Archer C7 FTP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 FTP problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 FTP problem
Archer C7 FTP problem
2018-01-24 18:20:58
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : v2

Firmware Version :
3.15.2 Build 170803 Rel.60806n

ISP :

I’ve installed a USB drive on my router and activated FTP (internal to my network only!) with authentication and set up an account for this separate from the admin account.

What I would like to achieve is that some WiFi webcams can FTP images to this storage. They already FTP images to a FileZilla server on Windows 10 within my network; they can and have FTPed images to an external server (provided by my ISP) but are no longer set up to do that.

I can access and write to the USB on the C7 from various FTP clients - FileZilla on Win 10 and FTP capable clients on IOS. These all work with no problems in either Passive or Active mode.

The webcams ONLY work in Passive mode. I can see that from looking at the logs of the FileZilla server. After logging in to the server they issue a TYPE command followed by a PASV command, followed by STOR. I cannot change any of this (short of hacking the camera which is beyond my skills and inclinations!)

When they try to write to the USB on the C7 a message comes back “STOR 550 Permission denied”. I can see that because the cameras have a “test” capability for FTP with which they just write a trivial text file to the relevant directory. Any error response is displayed, otherwise just "Succeeded"

I have triple checked that I have password correct (although it must be or the process would not have got that far!) I have triple checked that the directory is specified correctly.

What am I missing or failing to understand?

Additional input -

- I have tried changing file permissions on the usb device via FileZilla client, but it seems to make no difference. Is this simply not possible, or does it require reboot of router to take effect?
- There is no way of starting/stopping the FTP server that I can see. I have noticed that when I go to USB Settings it actually takes me to the 3G/4G settings, not the start/stop FTP server page as the manuals show.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 FTP problem
2020-05-08 20:20:24

@DD49 Hey, I know it's two and a half years later, but I ran into this same problem just now and I worked around it by changing "share all" to "share folder", which opened up a hidden permissions menu that I previously could not access. I then checked "write permissions" to enable. I'm not sure if this would persist if I had switched it back to "share all", but you could always create a top-level folder in your usb storage device, put everything inside of it, then share that to get the effect of share all. Hope this helps, if help is still needed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1542

Replies: 1

Related Articles