Connection problems and network crash with iMac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-27 15:54:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a Deco M5 3 pack since two weeks ago and I have one big problema with an old iMac late 2009.
All the decos seems to work in a normal way but when I connect the iMac to the network after a few minutes the connection disappear, I get connected to wi-fi but no internet connection and I can´t connect the rest of the devices either to the network so I have to restart the Deco even the app says there is no issue with the nodes. The iMac don´t connect anymore so I have to restart the iMac and reconnect and again I have the same problem, so the "solution" is that I can´t use the iMac with the Deco network. It happens not only with Wi-Fi but also via Ethernet.
Anyone have the same problem or any idea of what is happened? Maybe is the iMac that don´t supports band steering? It seems that the iMac crash the Deco M5 network...
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection problems and network crash with iMac
2018-01-28 07:12:30
I have an IMAC 27 2009 connected by Ethernet to Deco 2 and I have no problem. It's very strange. Is the IMAC up to date?
Options
2018-01-29 01:29:34

Sho_69 wrote

I have an IMAC 27 2009 connected by Ethernet to Deco 2 and I have no problem. It's very strange. Is the IMAC up to date?

Yes, it sounds very strange to me, specially because if I reactivate the Wi-Fi of the ISP router it works, it disconnect hours later but don´t crash the whole network. The iMac is with macOS Sierra
Options
2018-01-29 09:08:01
My 27-inch 2011 iMac also has no problems connecting, so my guess is some setting in your machine that is throwing the system off. Try tossing your network plist and see if that helps. Or if possible, try connecting directly to your modem (not through Deco) and see if you can get online that way.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 3

Related Articles