Best Wifi Network Adapter (USB) for Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-28 07:48:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently upgraded my home's router-extender setup to the Deco M5. I am very pleased with the improved wifi coverage but noticed that, from the same location, my desktop pc experiences lower download speeds than my newer devices (10 Mbps vs. 90 Mbps). I suspect it's time to upgrade my desktop's relatively ancient USB wifi network adapter to a newer model. What specs should I be looking for in a new network adapter that will work well with the Deco M5. Any recommendations?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Best Wifi Network Adapter (USB) for Deco M5
2018-01-28 15:29:32
Before you buy a WiFi adapter. Try to give high priority to the PC in the app of Deco M5 and try different configurations in QoS. The problem is likely to be solved.
Options
Re:Best Wifi Network Adapter (USB) for Deco M5
2018-01-28 20:47:33
Your old wifi adapter might be of the 54Mbps kind...I've got one of those lying round somewhere and they do limit the speed. I think most any wifi adapter you would buy in a store these days would be an improvement!! I'm (definitely) no networking expert but I think 802.11ac would currently be the best affordable ones? I'm in Australia and this is an example from a local retailer here: https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/d-link-ac1200-wireless-dual-band-usb-adaptor-black-dldwa182

I
personally prefer the shorter stubbier ones compared to the long one I've linked to but maybe longer = better as maybe more space for antenna inside it and being a desktop you could put it at the back or on a USB extension lead.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1637

Replies: 2