SSID RE500 AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSID RE500 AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SSID RE500 AP mode
SSID RE500 AP mode
2018-01-29 18:24:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello to everyone. First off, I apologize if my question has already been solved and sorry for my English too.:)

I have a ftth internet connection (1Gps) working with a wifi router Ac dual band (supplied by Vodafone). I own Tp link RE500 which now acts as range extender to spread signal through my flat. it spreads either 2.4 and 5 ghz (two different ssid).

I'd like to switch to Access Point mode plugging an Ethernet cable to RE500 to better spread the signal obtaining (I hope) a homogeneous distribution. At the same time, I don't want 4 different SSID becuase. I've read over internet that it concerns with roaming, but I'd like to gather some more information:

1) does RE500 work if I set the same SSID as the router?
2) Should I set channels? RE 500 does not let me fix channels.

Thank in advance.

Daniele
Options
3 Reply
Re:SSID RE500 AP mode
2018-01-30 11:17:07
1. it works
2. the setting of the extender network will copy your main router, you cannot set a channel manually
Options
2018-01-30 15:56:56

Shield101 wrote

1. it works
2. the setting of the extender network will copy your main router, you cannot set a channel manually

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm referring to Access Point mode, so I thought I could set channels. I will try. Thanks again.
Options
2018-01-30 16:00:05

Shield101 wrote

1. it works

Thanks. I thought it was different as I was referring to Access Point mode. I'll try, thanks again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 3

Related Articles