Tl-wa850re v1.20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tl-wa850re v1.20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tl-wa850re v1.20
Tl-wa850re v1.20
2018-02-02 20:43:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I would like to say here, that I`m disappointed with TP-Link regarding the Firmware versions released for previous hardware versions.

I`m pretty sure TP-Link is aware that the Latin America markets are stuffed with TL-WA850RE hardware versions 1.2, you can`t find a newer hardware version to buy.

This wouldn`t be a problem, if TP-Link releases a firmware version that could FIX the security vulnerabilities, such as KRACK attack.

I have a TL-WA850RE V1.20 here, which is not being used due to the security risks, and so far, TP-LINK only released a fix for the newest hardware version (I`m pretty sure they stopped there and won`t be working on the previous hardware versions anymore).

Also, making the situation even worse, the sellers (all of them), don`t say which hardware version they are selling, so buying a newer device, means that you are buying an out of sale product, without support from TP-Link.

I can say that in Brazil, the newest hardware version available is 1.20.

I saw some TP-Link advertisements in some Brazil IT websites, in which they were claiming that they would release a firmware version to fix this security issue (what they didn`t say is that this would only be released to the version 5), and we don`t have that hardware version over here, isn`t this a false propaganda?

All other hardware versions (1.0, 1.2, 2, 3 and version 4), we still can`t use it in WDS mode, otherwise we would be susceptible to attack.

The question is, will TP-Link work to get their devices really safe?
Or they will proceed stuffing Latin America and other regions with old hardware version releases which are susceptible to attack, and won`t be receiving firmware updates, but advertising that TP-Link has already released that patch (but only for version 5).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 0

Related Articles