No Guest network in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-06 19:49:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

When changing my Deco from router mode to access point mode the Guest Network is gone. And there is no option to make a Guest Network.

Is this a bug and can this be solved? Please do, I need AP mode and a Guest Network for my Deco.\

I do use the latest firmware 1.1.6 Rel 47257
Options
6 Reply
Re:No Guest network in AP mode
2018-02-08 00:50:29
I'm having the same problem. I understand that many features are not available when moving to AP mode. However I didn't think GUEST Network would be one of them.

What's the resolution?
Options
2018-04-12 15:47:35
Hello,
Do we have an update on this?

Or is this maybe going to be enhanced at some point? Otherwise I am considering of sending the device back and get another solution... Thanks.
Options
2018-04-13 17:25:44
At the moment guest mode is unavailable in AP mode but iam guessing that the TP-Link developers will implement it in the near future!
Options
2018-04-14 11:05:50
Providing a guest network in AP mode would make the networking and interconnect a little more complex. Essentially it wouldn’t really provide a guest network, but two networks, and the router would have to provide the guest network in a seaperate VLAN for the AP to repeat. So a mode like this would have a lot of dependencies on the router. Nothing terribly hard, but not exactly plug and play simple either. Does your router support a guest VLAN and a trunk output with tagging for an upstream access point?
Options
2018-04-14 19:54:49
Hallo,Well I believe already just adding specific rules to the Guest network (only allow HTTP and HTTPs) would be a good starting point, if it would get to complex to actually do a second network.
Options
2018-11-30 20:36:41

The Guest network posibility and wired backhaul was the two main reasons that I selected Deco M9 plus.

It is very disappointing to discover that Guest network is not supported in AP mode.

And the backhaul might on might not work (I do not know) since there is no way to see it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1734

Replies: 6

Related Articles