Deco M5 with network switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-16 19:35:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I recently bought a set of Deco M5's and set them up around my house. I have attached an old TP-Link TL-SG1005D switch to the 2nd ethernet port on gateway Deco however the devices I attach to that switch are not visibile on the Deco network. I'm not sure why this is not working. Are the Decos only compatable with specific switches or do I need to set some configuration option? Any advice?

Thanks,

Scott.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 with network switch
2018-06-19 21:37:49
I have my Deco connected to my TP switch.TL-SG1016 to the second eithernet port. It does not show up on my on my Deco network either. I do know it is working, as I am using Backhual in my living room and have my Roku connected there to the second port of my second of 3 Decos. when running the Roku wirelessly I did expericance some playback issues but when I connected the Roku to the Deco those seem to all be gone so I can only assume that they are all working.
Options
Re:Deco M5 with network switch
2018-06-20 15:24:01

Ikk wrote

I have my Deco connected to my TP switch.TL-SG1016 to the second eithernet port. It does not show up on my on my Deco network either. I do know it is working, as I am using Backhual in my living room and have my Roku connected there to the second port of my second of 3 Decos. when running the Roku wirelessly I did expericance some playback issues but when I connected the Roku to the Deco those seem to all be gone so I can only assume that they are all working.

I consulted the same issue with tp-link support before.
This is a display issue and tp-link is working on this.
It will be fixed in the new release.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3872

Replies: 2

Related Articles