Archer C50 V3 not working 5G, 2.4 intermit, losing mind

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-18 10:46:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys, im from Mexico and bought the Archer C50 V3 expecting to have a better network (speeds + AC for the macs and iphone)
But right now, im losing my mind and starting to hate this thing.

My ISP provides me an Arris Modem. So i plug the Archer to port 1 in the Router and in WAN to the Archer.
Follow instructions and decide to have the 2 networks with the same name. No guest network active.

For 1 day everything was great, until midnight, suddenly the 5G network disappear from all the devices, except one, my macbook air. (Works great this network, excepts, my air is the only one that finds and connect to the network auto.

The Apple TV cant see the 5G, works only with the 2.4 and works just well, not better, not great, not amazing, barely well.
The real problem is on the iphone, One iPhone 7, one iPhone 7 Plus. Both works on 2.4, none see the 5G and both can reproduce video from Facebook or Twitter in one run, charge 5 secs, freeze, another 10 secs, freeze, a very few times the video runs perfect.

I have the Theter App in my phone, everytime i see problems with the network, open the app and i cant find the C50, brings a popup saying can't see the device.

The firmware is the latest on the TP Link support.

Right now i just want to put it on the garbage, but i really want to have a fine and stable 5g network.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for read this.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C50 V3 not working 5G, 2.4 intermit, losing mind
2018-03-16 17:09:37
Did you change wireless settings of the 5GHz?
If only your Macbook air can find the 5G, change 5G channel on the router. You can also set different network name for 5G.
Contact tplink support if no luck
Options
Re:Archer C50 V3 not working 5G, 2.4 intermit, losing mind
2018-04-07 08:06:05
Same issue here. I use Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. It supports wireless ac. But I can't find the 5GHz band. Sent the device in warranty. They showed that their wifi receiver can find 5GHz. So, that's it. I hate tp link.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1018

Replies: 2