Archer T2U AC600 disconnects frequently or doesn't even work sometimes.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-18 11:53:54
Model : Archer T2U

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : Fibertel Argentina

Hello.

I bought an Archer T2U AC600 two days ago and I'm really upset about this decision. I pluged it in, ran the CD to install the drivers and everything went fine when I connected to a 5GHz connection the first couple of hours but suddenly the device stopped working(it showed me that I had internet connection but couldn't connect to any website/play games/whatever). I tried switching to a 2.4GHz and it worked decent, although it had huge interference problems.
I proceeded to see if it was my internet provider's problem but it worked just fine with other adapter on a 2.4GHz (no interferences).
I tried plugging in my Archer T2U again and this time I manually uninstalled the drivers and installed the newest ones that are on the TP Link official website. It was the same. The first couple of hours it worked. But then it didn't. I tried plugging it in and out again and it works. Sometimes I have to plug it in and out a couple of times to get it to work.
When I move the device (while connected) it also "reconnects" for some reason, so I decided to put it on other usb port but it just decided to stop working at all. I restarted my PC and tried again but wasn't successful.

I decided to format my PC (not just for this, but for other reasons) and did the same thing. Plug in the device and manually install the drivers. Now it doesn't even connect for more than 10 seconds.

I tried changing the adapter options with windows (region channels, etc.) but couldn't get any results.

Finally, when I connect it, the driver appears in the "Device Manager" windows as it is connected, but I don't get any results to connect to. I just get and X right next to my wi-fi sign.

Now I'm sitting here paying for 100Mb and using like 12Mb. It sucks.

Please, help! If you need any more info-ask.

Thanks.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer T2U AC600 disconnects frequently or doesn't even work sometimes.
2018-03-10 17:48:08
I have the same problem with the same adapter.
Options
2018-03-15 15:40:34
What's the operating system? Try the public driver. Contact tplink for it if you cannot find one.
Options
2018-03-16 00:20:09
Update:

I have this problem with the Version 2.1 EEPROM EU version of the adapter on macOS 10.13 with the latest beta driver from the site as of 2018.3.11
The adapter works correctly on windows 10, which was a solution for me(Swapped which computer I use cabled).

If there are some recommendations, I would try them out though. I can also assist in debugging the issue and can provide the necessary information.
Options
2018-03-16 11:04:29
contact tplink support to debug
Options
2018-03-21 02:33:13
I have the same problem, entre que lo conecto y desconecto funciona bien un tiempo pero siempre vuelve a desconectarse, no se que hacer pero al parecer es un error común en este adaptador :(
Options
2018-03-21 10:06:43
artikel bagus
Options
2018-06-03 19:55:56
I've got totally same problem. My router is Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Router 3. It gives both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks. Archer T2U works extremely unstable on 5 GHz. However both devices use same Wi-Fi channels. How can I use T2U with 5 GHz?
Options
2018-07-04 22:10:38
I got the same problem. The 5Ghz network works good and I'm getting 150Mbps from my ISP. But when I restart the PC, the 5Ghz is gone and all I get is 2.4ghz network alone. Followed almost all solutions on the internet, none of them worked. Even I downgraded my pc from windows 10 to Windows 7 thinking like the device might work well with Windows 7, but the same problem continues.

It would be good if someone from TPlink assists buyers like me to get the issue sorted out.
Options
2018-07-06 14:10:02

ra51 wrote

I got the same problem. The 5Ghz network works good and I'm getting 150Mbps from my ISP. But when I restart the PC, the 5Ghz is gone and all I get is 2.4ghz network alone. Followed almost all solutions on the internet, none of them worked. Even I downgraded my pc from windows 10 to Windows 7 thinking like the device might work well with Windows 7, but the same problem continues.

It would be good if someone from TPlink assists buyers like me to get the issue sorted out.

didn't notice you post here

you can have a look at your own thread.
https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?109636-TP-Link-AC600-Archer-T2U-5Ghz-issues-(&p=243831#post243831
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7262

Replies: 9